Siince I'm bored....

Other Equipment Topics fer Yakin 'bout.
!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Siince I'm bored....

Post by !KANT »

Here are a few things I found on my PC [since I was near death by shear bordom today].

Here is the CPUID results of my OverClocked Intel Pentium4 3.2GHz processor @ 4GHz that I accomplished last October--getting past 4GHz will be difficult with out adequite cooling of the northbridge. I do though OC conservatively where the processor easily loafs along a 3.4GHz. Believe it or not, OverClocking is an artform, a challenge and is HUGE amongst the young and old alike!!!--it's no longer and underground thing. 8)

Here are some pix of one of my PC's I built--yeah, OverClocking is one of my other joys other than hammy radio. Both the processor and videocard are liquid cooled. This system was built to be a gaming rig and it screams with many fantastic benchmark numbers to prove it.

Here is the audio section for my [main] home theater (#1). Notice the Behringer and dbx processors. Also, notice the Cerwin Vega E-12's and Powered Sub--that little thing kix so much low-end it's utterly ridiculous....but that's because of the way it's setup with the dbx...HAHA!!!

Here are some pix of my Force12 C3SS that I had install back in NYC. Boy do I miss having this antenna....it's small and does a hell of a job for it's size--it's my reason for enjoying [and missing] beam antennas.

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Wow!

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Perty impressive benchmarks Ozzman!

We like the idea of liquid cooling....that means no noisy ass fans!
We might do that with the new computer just for the silence.

ohhhhhh....

and dems some right perty lights!!!!!!!
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Thanks Mike. Those numbers required lot's of tweaking.....actually not that hard to do nowadays. Of course there is a high risk of destroying equipment--but ain't that what makes it fun?? :wink:

Those cold cathodes really makes the rig stand out. I used have some blue LED lit fans, but since the cooling apperatus has changed we had no need to keep them in use. There are some real good advantages to liquid cooling over air cooling.

1. No more "dust bunnies" inside the case....

2. Quieter shack.....--on low setting you won't even know it's in operation....

3. System runs cooler anywhere from 5 to 15 degrees....--installing a Peltzer system cools the system even further [up to 30 degrees or MORE].

4. Looks kewl as shyt!!!! You can use clear hoses with special coolant flowing through it which glows when you use cold cathode black lights--AWESOME!!!