Click to Return to the WZ5Q Website. X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM
Talk about that VOODOO, that You Do, Soooo Well!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why are they scared of low end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> Girlyman Audio
k4flh
Audio Head

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Why are they scared of low end. Reply with quote

That's so simple a question.
It's been my experience that most of these fuddy duddys who think bottom end is bad sounding are old. As you age the first thing to go in your hearing is what? HIGH END! So when we butter up the sound by adding some bottom they don't have any highs to hear to balance out the low end. Then to them we are "muddy" when in fact we are balanced and rich.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Illegitimis non carborundum
M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So True.
k4flh
Audio Head

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's the same reason when your driving you see people going down the road for miles with the turn signal blinking!
They can't hear the indicator clicking because the click is toward the high end! Just saying..................

Illegitimis non carborundum
KG2J
Audio Head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever gone to 20 meters in the advance and extra portion of the band, You will hear dirty signals 10k wide pushing their amps beyond max and think that is OK to make a contact. 2.4 K roll off at 300.
I have made many contact on 20 meters at 6 and 4 k and all I have is complements about my audio.
If you want to be narrow fine, but be at least clean. Low end and body with a good balance is were it is.
You will make the same contact with ESSB as a narrow telephone sound from the 50's.

PETE LOVE ESSB KG2J
WA2WHV
Audio Head

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes for the guys with the hearing loss and narrow band RX, I have a profile saved in my DEQ2496 that boosts the frequencies more between 2-3KHZ. Very Happy
!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree that they are stuck in their ways of yester-years. Many many MANY stations have transceivers which are capable nice "comfortable" sounding audio, but choose to operate at narrow on FT-2K/5K/9K, TS-950SDX/990 and even SDR's. It's like having a Lamborghini on the interstate and driving 30MPH--listening to a guy RIGHT NOW on 40M with a FT-5000. Running a spectral and he's operating 250Hz to 2.6kHz. This is the way he operates [for years] and quickly denounces using any low end on SSB. UT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> Girlyman Audio All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1