Audio Head

The EX2200 and the EX3100

Post by THEMANFROMWEM »

Good Morning Guys and Guru's,

I have the EX2200 and the EX3100.

My question is :

Can these units be modified along the lines of the super EX3200 ,

to give that "extra spatial" sound. ??

If so, any idea how I interconnect the left and right channel.

I am using Mic into MIC2200 left channel , into MDX2600 left channel :
then
(( enhancer left channel into enhancer right channel )):
then
MDX2600 right channel, into MIC200 right channel output to TX

Any comments and help are most appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Howard UK IO82PU

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Howard,

Well, We seem to be saying this allot lately, but unfortunately those units have never been experimented on at the Voodoo-LABS. We've got no information on them at all.

Best we can say is tear into em and try it!
See what happens!!
Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

THEMANFROMWEM
Audio Head

Post by THEMANFROMWEM »

Voodoo Guru wrote:Howdy Howard,

Well, We seem to be saying this allot lately, but unfortunately those units have never been experimented on at the Voodoo-LABS. We've got no information on them at all.

Best we can say is tear into em and try it!
See what happens!!
Take Care,
thank you VG, appreciate your reply.
I can't see any reason why my Behringer's shouldn't produce a similar effect to the 3200 modifications, so will get the soldering iron out.
One thing I have noticed, and perhaps you can pass it along to the Voodoo users , is : when the effect units are cascaded in series, there is sometimes a terrible problem with the internal power supply motor-boating. I have been inside mine and split left and right channel psu's and made sure they are well decoupled. Seems to have cured the proble,
Keerp on rockin'
best wishes fron central UK,
Howard.

kg6pqq
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by kg6pqq »

I can testify to the EX2200 being used the same way as a EX3200. I have my EX2200 connected the same way and it sounds awesome. Minus some extra adjustments, the 2200 follows the same settings. Opening the schematic, the same cap, Opamp and hexfred diodes can also be applied. The component changes are not needed to give the subharmonic sounds these units are being used for. Works OOTB.

voodoonoobinky
Audio Head

Post by voodoonoobinky »

I am running the EX3200 with channel 1 unbalanced into channel 2. Is it helpful to do the improvement mods as described by WZ5Q?

It has been mentioned that the Multiband Processor section adds noise, which I can hear in a off/on comparison. Will just doing the power supply board mods help reduce this noise?

I picked up a second EX3200 as I may just do all the WZ5Q mods on one while I can still use the other.