TS850 Problems

Force them Rigs to accept True Voodoo!
nicky english
Audio Head

TS850 Problems

Post by nicky english »

Hi guys,as we live in 1 bed room flat in London my XYL put her foot down and I have been QRP for 3 years. Now the 850 DSP is BACK on the table, it's all wired up but I can't get it to TX wide, if I push the TX button on the DSP nothing happens no TX no power nothing, if the TX button is off TX it seems ok but the audio fades in and out in the head phones monitor . I think the RCA jack on the back of the DSP are loose but can't get it apart because of the balanced mod conversion . Don't want to strip it down Yet, so if some one can offer some help I would be very grate full. Nick. 2E0BPU.

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Nick,

It has been a long time since we had our TS-850/DSP-100 combo. That is a nice rig for eSSB for sure, #2 in our list of eSSB Machines.

Your right to suspect the TX RCA connector. If it is broken then you will not get a TX Signal from the DSP Unit to the rig. This is one of the first things to check along with all the cables and connectors.

The Audio fading in and out on the TX Monitor is normal as you are Transmitting in Double Sideband Suppressed Carrier when the TS-850 is wide open without the DSP engaged. What you are hearing is the audio phasing in and out because of the double sidebands. When the DSP-100 is engaged, it suppresses the opposite sideband so the TX Monitor will work as it should.

Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm