triple c firmware downloads

Hookin up those Audio Boxes without gettin yourself Perplexed.
w5kai
Voodoo Audio Head

triple c firmware downloads

Post by w5kai »

If anyone has successfully done software load procedure 2.02 on the triple c. I need your help. I've done it everyway but the right way so far.
First thing I need to know is the i/o menu settings on the ccc before the procedure is started.
Next would be, did you use midi-ox or something else to transfer the files. I'm using midi-ox but not so sure that it's set right as far as syn buffers and f7 delays. also I'm unsure if I need to load file to the midi-ox scratch pad and run from there or just click run syn and open the .exe file or extract the portion of the file needed and send it. And if so how?
I've googled my googler off . and still perpexed.
VMSDX # 24
Special Zombie Edition

w5kai
Voodoo Audio Head

triple c firmware 2.02

Post by w5kai »

Hi voodoo'ers
Here is what I had to do to upgrade the firmware in the triple c. I used the midiox software for the port route'n and used the midiman sport box for the transfer. The midiman sport used was the old ugly green one,it only shows windows 2000, 98se, and ME but it worked with windows 7. 32 bit. note; 64 bit windows 7 will not work.
Connect the usb from your PC to midiman sport and the midi cable from midiman sport out A to the triple c's midi in. open the midiox program and set the ports. midiox events and pc sound card to midi in and the midiman sport out A as the output.I found out the sysex buffers in midox varies depeanding in the PC you might have to play with them but I set them at 64 16 and a 100 delay after f7.worked for me. Now minimize midiox and open the software download program and follow the instructions of the program to enter the triple c service menu, I strongly suggest to print the ccc instruction page from the firmware upgrade page. Follow the instuction and give her a go. If you get an error code simply turn off the ccc and your out of the service menu with no harm done. Try again with sysex buffer change and good luck. If everything goes right the download takes about 30 secinds. The download count on the ccc will go from 000 to 375 and start over back to 375 and your done. Good luck
VMSDX # 24
Special Zombie Edition