New to Voodoo

The essence of Perfection. What is it that makes that Surreal Sound?

Chicken & Beer

Post by Newbie »

Information Overload! Boy ol boy, this is startin to sound like work. Well im a knob twisten freak, so now I guess I can turn dem rack knobs into oblivion! Looking forward to that “Top Secret Voodoo Info.”

I guess its time to perform the sacred Voodoo ritual, the fiery rite of bi-passage into the direct audio feed sanctuary, in order to regain the balanced modulator equilibrium. Prior to performing this ritual it is suggested by brethren Andy to purify one self by indulging in chicken & beer. Till then “Boo Hoo Voodooo”

Chris

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Re: Chicken & Beer

Post by !KANT »

pwrsource.com wrote: Prior to performing this ritual it is suggested by brethren Andy to purify one self by indulging in chicken & beer. Till then “Boo Hoo Voodooo”

Chris

ROLMFAO!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by Newbie »

Mr. Voodoo Audio,

I dont have DSP2024P Virtualizer Pro for the "Plating" effect. Can the Voodo Audio still be acomplished without it?

I got an opportunity to play around with the rack settings this weekend, man o man there are tons of sounds to tweak. I thought I knew what sound I was looking for, but now I have all these different sounds and tones in my head I dont know where to start?!

This is going to be a Fantastic Voyage when it all said and done!

Chris

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Tweak...Tweak...Tweak

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Oh most definitely, It doesn't affect the VooDoo, Low End.
You don't need what We use, as the REV2496 reverb unit should give you the desired effect. The "Plating effect" that we use is just one form of reverb.
What this unit (and the Virtualizer Pro) does, is to put an effects tail on the Audio at the very end of the processing line up.
This will add some "Depth" and "Airiness" to an otherwise Flat sounding Audio Mix.
Kind of like making it sound like your in a bigger room....

But use it VERY LIGHTLY!!!

That is the key. It should almost be not noticeable to the other stations, unless you turn it on and off for him.
If you use too much, it will sound like Hammered Crap, and sound very artificial.

Oooooo Yeaaaaa!!!! Thats the beauty of this stuff...all the different sounds.
That is main goal, to find the one sound that you like, out of the so many different ones.

Tweak, Tweak, Tweak, Tweak, Tweak......

Then Tweak some more.....
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm