Click to Return to the WZ5Q Website. X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM
Talk about that VOODOO, that You Do, Soooo Well!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RFI with Phantom Power: Bellari RP503

Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> Modification Maddness
Bow
Voodoo Audiophile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: RFI with Phantom Power: Bellari RP503 Reply with quote

Howdy gents, long time since I've posted here... but I have an interesting one...

I did the hacking of the circuit board to separate the Pin 1 from the circuit board ground when I picked it up back in 2008...

I have noticed I'm getting RFI when using Phantom Power... I haven't disconnected the Mic cable from the Preamp yet and try it, but with the mic disconnected, it is still doing it...

My RP503 is getting up in age (I've had it around 10 years), I'm wondering if I am losing a filter cap in the Phantom Power Supply?

Anyone else seen something like this?

Quite possibilly the only 3.3 Khz wide Icom IC-718 in the world...
Bow
Voodoo Audiophile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, It seems it isn't the Bellari after all... it is the MXL 2008 mic...

The is the Mic Element negative signal ohm'd out to Pin 1 on the XLR connector...

Muthaf$#%'n MXL mics obviously don't pay attention to the Pin 1 rule... the Shield pin goes to the Case, NOT the Circuit Board Ground! UT

Quite possibilly the only 3.3 Khz wide Icom IC-718 in the world...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> Modification Maddness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1