100%
Nope
No votes

Total votes: 1

KD0TDG
Audio Head

What to do and which way to go

Post by KD0TDG »

Hey guys (and any gals with voices like a tuba)

I bought a broken Mk V on Christmas as a gift to myself. Broken in sense the rx is dead. Not worried about repairs but my dilemma is to essb or not. Ive read all the mods, I have bunch of rack equipment, and Heil Heritage to use for a mic. I've been working towards this over past few years :lol:

Researching parts, filters etc. Inrad 707 is out of stock, Parts Express is out of Jensen JT-11-FLCF and having difficult time locating any. Is there a close / suitable replacement?

Now since I have spent almost a grand on the Mk V, it will take time to acquire all the filters. I was planning on building my transformer box.
But with the lack of 707's and FLCF transformer...Do I essb or just say Meh and sell off my extra crapola and just hook up a preamp to my mic and call it Blah!?

NKS

PD9CN
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by PD9CN »

Hi,

Like to follow this thread :wink:
Is there no secondhand site for the Inrad-707 I think people will sell this seportit if the sell there Mk-V?

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy NKS,

Congrats on the Tech Special MKV! Hope you can get it operational soon. We would suggest you get it 100% operational in stock form before any modifications or any major purchases of expensive mod parts like transformers and filters.

You can get the JT-11-FLCF directly from Jensen Transformers, but you have to call them and talk to a person. (818) 374-5857

No help for the Inrad 707, ebay is probably your best bet there.

Have Fun!!
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

PD9CN
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by PD9CN »

Mabye something for you and still for sale :?:

http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/493729