Click to Return to the WZ5Q Website. X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM
Talk about that VOODOO, that You Do, Soooo Well!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to do and which way to go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> Yada, Yada, Yada......

Do I or Meh
Yep
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Nope
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

KD0TDG
Audio Head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: What to do and which way to go Reply with quote

Hey guys (and any gals with voices like a tuba)

I bought a broken Mk V on Christmas as a gift to myself. Broken in sense the rx is dead. Not worried about repairs but my dilemma is to essb or not. Ive read all the mods, I have bunch of rack equipment, and Heil Heritage to use for a mic. I've been working towards this over past few years Laughing

Researching parts, filters etc. Inrad 707 is out of stock, Parts Express is out of Jensen JT-11-FLCF and having difficult time locating any. Is there a close / suitable replacement?

Now since I have spent almost a grand on the Mk V, it will take time to acquire all the filters. I was planning on building my transformer box.
But with the lack of 707's and FLCF transformer...Do I essb or just say Meh and sell off my extra crapola and just hook up a preamp to my mic and call it Blah!?

NKS
PD9CN
Voodoo Audio Head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Like to follow this thread Wink
Is there no secondhand site for the Inrad-707 I think people will sell this seportit if the sell there Mk-V?
Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy NKS,

Congrats on the Tech Special MKV! Hope you can get it operational soon. We would suggest you get it 100% operational in stock form before any modifications or any major purchases of expensive mod parts like transformers and filters.

You can get the JT-11-FLCF directly from Jensen Transformers, but you have to call them and talk to a person. (818) 374-5857

No help for the Inrad 707, ebay is probably your best bet there.

Have Fun!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> Yada, Yada, Yada...... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1