Which software to record audio

The Black Art of tweaking the Voo in the Doo...
ECC82
Voodoo Audiophile

Which software to record audio

Post by ECC82 »

Dear fellow ESSB enthousiasts,

What software is best to record your own audio and the audio from other stations? At the moment I'm using FairStars Recorder, but maybe there is more user friendly software?

I also want to record my own audio because I want to evaluate the sound. Is it best to use the phones out on the front of the 950 for those purposes? (I don't think the audio out on the rear sends the monitor audio?)

Thanks in advance,

Chris
===================
>> Livin' la VooDoo Loca <<
===================

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Chris

If you can get Spectra plus

ECC82
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by ECC82 »

Thanks, website shows a lot of info. Looks good.
===================
===================

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

There are a few FREE recording software on the net. The most popular is still Audacity. Personally, I've been using Sound Forge for over a decade now and it great since it allows the user to save into just about ANY audio format. And editing is a breeze.

ECC82
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by ECC82 »

Thanks for your input Ikant, will give Audicity a try, still haven't been able to fork out money for a decent software program. "Gathering" hardware for the hobby uses most of the funds :D Installed Audicity and the user interface looks very friendly. Will give it a try.
===================
===================

audioray12
Audio Head

Post by audioray12 »

For the purpose of recording then processing and quickly being able to view your voice averaged spectrum I like Adobe Audition . $$$

For real time viewing of voice spectrum Spectra plus is awesome $$$$

I have both. If I had to have only one I could not live without Audition.

985chicago
"12

ECC82
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by ECC82 »

Hi Guys,

Downloaded Spectra Plus SC, a 30 day trial version, but has all the options available for that period. My PC has recently been updated with new PC board and Windows 10. Spectra Plus says: it can't find a soundcard (board has an internal SC) Do you need an extra soundcard (the website of the manufacturer says that you can use an internal SC). Do you use an extra soundcaard? And if so, which one can be used?

73'
Chris
PA3TVI

PS.
Site says:
"SpectraPLUS-SC can be also used with the built in sound card on your computer; you can decide later whether or not to purchase a high performance sound card."

So it must be possible to use the SC on the PC board, will experiment some more in order to get this programm working.

SOLUTION: installed a soundcard (Asus Xonar DS) and installed newest drivers. SpectraPlus and Audacity recognized the soundcard. So internal SC wasn't compatible.
===================
===================