Click to Return to the WZ5Q Website. X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM
Talk about that VOODOO, that You Do, Soooo Well!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RCA Command Series 5751 in a tube condenser?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> Tubeage
JJ2013
Voodoo Audiophile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: RCA Command Series 5751 in a tube condenser? Reply with quote

Howdy y'all,

Luckily I still have my MXL V69 Mogami Edition tube condenser as it is starting to sound pretty decent : )) I swapped out the original tube and replaced it with a NOS made in West Germany that did make a perceptible difference in the audio!

Now, I think that mic expects to see an 12AT7 tube in it that makes me wonder if I replace the current tube - Amperex "PQ" Premium Quality 6201 / ECC81 / 12AT7- with a RCA Command Series 5751 Black Plate tube that exhibits a slightly higher gain factor will this pose a problem for the circuitry in the mic??

Sure would appreciate some feedback Cool

Cheers,
JJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> Tubeage All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1