Bellari RP562

The Black Art of tweaking the Voo in the Doo...
JJ2013
Voodoo Audiophile

Bellari RP562

Post by JJ2013 »

Hi y'all VooDoo Gurus, Audiophile, AudioHeads :wink:

It's me again with another round of elementary questions for you to chew on......

If I understand correctly, the Bellari RP562 adds harmonix (as a side-note, I already have the EX3200 which add sub-harmonix) and I am wondering what an RP562/EX3200 would be like?

Can someone explain exactly what adding harmonix would do to my audio ?
Just thinking that it may not do too much as I am transmitting max 3.5 kHz wide or something like that although AF and RF are of course different animals. I guess what I am thinking here is that if my SSB TX passband was 6 kHz wide it may make more sense to have an RP562 in the chain whereas in my case it might akin to throwing the baby out with the bath water.....

Not sure if many of you out there have both the EX3200 and the RP562 in the same chain, but is there a big difference in the audio depending on which one of these units comes first?

Cheers!

JJ

kg6pqq
Voodoo Audio Head

Re: Bellari RP562

Post by kg6pqq »

I have both and the RP562 doesn't add the same type of harmonix that the EX3200 does per se. Its more so a "tube" type distortion that sounds pleasing to the ear. Correct me if I'm wrong but I read its the odd order harmonic of the fundamental frequency that gives us the distortion that sounds "warm" to our ears. Solid state transistors are of the even order harmonic type. I'm not so much an audio guru either but my understanding of the EX3200 is somewhat a trick that can also be done by running a "wet" signal in parallel with the "dry" signal, adding some delay and maybe another effect then recombining them via the sidechain further down the line. So more of a doubling echo effect ? I like the RP562
, just adds a slight flavor to the mix. For me the recording that sealed the deal is of N7CAL stepping through each piece one by one. When he hit the 562, its like his cajones dropped and his voice just sounded like a grown up. To each his own. Good luck
JJ2013 wrote:Hi y'all VooDoo Gurus, Audiophile, AudioHeads :wink:

It's me again with another round of elementary questions for you to chew on......

If I understand correctly, the Bellari RP562 adds harmonix (as a side-note, I already have the EX3200 which add sub-harmonix) and I am wondering what an RP562/EX3200 would be like?

Can someone explain exactly what adding harmonix would do to my audio ?
Just thinking that it may not do too much as I am transmitting max 3.5 kHz wide or something like that although AF and RF are of course different animals. I guess what I am thinking here is that if my SSB TX passband was 6 kHz wide it may make more sense to have an RP562 in the chain whereas in my case it might akin to throwing the baby out with the bath water.....

Not sure if many of you out there have both the EX3200 and the RP562 in the same chain, but is there a big difference in the audio depending on which one of these units comes first?

Cheers!

JJ

ECC82
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by ECC82 »

Not sure, but maybe this is the clip you are referring to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04hVCbHZf3w
You can listen to the result of adding some audio components, the 562 is also included in the audio chain.
===================
>> Livin' la VooDoo Loca <<
===================