aphex 460 with mods

Reproducing that Incoherent Rhetoric from the Flapping Pie Hole...
skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

aphex 460 with mods

Post by skullman »

Hi jon here vmsdx # 20 and # 26 has anyone tried the aphex 460 tube mic,for the price of this mic around 189.00 with free shipping from some music stores it might be worth a try,theres also an uprade kit on ebay for 57.00 bucks which greatly improves them,yes its a made in china mic but whats not anymore, ive listened to some audio vocal clips from the mic and it really sounded pretty good really helped the lows. any input let me know jon.. :lol:
may you always have what you want but never want for anything,does that make sence???

Dave457
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by Dave457 »

Theres a lot of reviews of it over at GearSluts, most agree a mod(Dave Thomas) should be done to it

skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

aphex 460 mods

Post by skullman »

Ahhhh yes ive read about the mods,most can be done as a DYI and its a fun project,being in the voodoo audio for awhile ive become very interested in different mics i currently use a lauten audio 381 vocal dual tube mic a distant cousin to the favored TSM muneo mic,but im looking for that third character sound in your voice and finding that 3rd sound is the trick which im still learning to do,but when you find it you will know,mabye its all in the eq, but i think its in your voice to,But as far as the aphex 460 project which i think im going to do is a great way to learn alot more about audio,it all comes back to your ears and yours alone,ive had 3-4 so called audio engineers who are all friends of mine come to my studio and listen and tweak my audio thru my rack,they listen as i talk and make suttle adjustments,BUT what they think my audio sounds like and my ears is totally different ive not beeen happy with any of there ears hahaha,so i just am going to trust my own,ill post more info on the aphex 460 project as i get more involved...JUST TRUST YOUR OWN EARS!!! and have fun,... :shock:
may you always have what you want but never want for anything,does that make sence???

Dave457
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by Dave457 »

Everbody has ther personal favorite, I like my V69 with nos Amperex Bugle Boy12AU7 tube running into my Electro Harmonix 12ay7 preamp
with upgraded tubes as well :D

JJ2013
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by JJ2013 »

Hi Dave,

Just wondering what the difference in "real" life may be of using a Bugle Boy with either a long or short plate?" My guess is that it won't be considerable........

Cheers!

JJ