Click to Return to the WZ5Q Website. X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM
Talk about that VOODOO, that You Do, Soooo Well!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help fast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> The Audion Connection
johnk4jmk
Audio Head

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Need help fast Reply with quote

simple question, will the external speaker output on my yaesu ft950 be strong enough to drive a small passive studio monitor like the behringer 2030p I just ordered it and didnt think it might need to be active.
Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy John,
Welcome to the Forum!!
Unfortunately, we don't know anything about the FT-950.

Anyone out there play with one of these rigs that can help John out?
johnk4jmk
Audio Head

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to answer the question for anyone else,my 950 is running the 2030 just fine and be sure to know this is a non amphasizing monitor it adds no bass or treb it is for axactly what you are putting out and what you are recieving.so dont expect it to sound like bose 901's or something like that , but it is a very usefull tool,computer speakers even with a sub are not accurate to what you are putting out more than likely,the first 5 minutes i didnt like it but when i really realized what it is designed for it is great.hope this helps anyone else looking to buy a studio monitor. Partyman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> The Audion Connection All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1