Should we inform others of the mode of operation. ESSB

All the other Voodoo Audio Topics.
w5kai
Voodoo Audio Head

Should we inform others of the mode of operation. ESSB

Post by w5kai »

Since 6k00j3E is definded in the ESSB groups as a mode of operation of 6k transmit and 6k recieve this brings up a question.
If some hams are operating 1.8k cw and You break in with a 3k ssb signal and asks hows my audio and then comment on how narrow the cw signals are, I'm pretty sure you'll be informed your running the wrong mode for the conversation and asked to switch over and join in or leave. The same goes for AM. SSTV,or any other mode. I've noticed when this happens on a few essb qso's after about 15 minutes of the ear bleeding 2.4k guy the essb people just start to sign off due to the pain and politeness . My question is: Would it be incorrect to info the ssb guy he is not operating the same mode?
VMSDX # 24
Special Zombie Edition

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Nahhh....
If you can understand what he is saying even though he is pinched up and squeaky, we would say he is on the correct mode. He is just running the way he likes the best even though it sounds inferior to wide band audio. It boils down to either a matter of preference or just ignorance. Maybe he doesn't know that he could sound mucho bettero, so be nice and offer any information you can to inform him that he is on a eSSB Net and maybe he would be interested in making his station sound better?

Now on the other hand, if it is a toilet tick just wanting to stir up trouble, after you have been polite and he is still a rude SOB, drop the hammer on his rude ass. :twisted:

Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

This is a VERY interesting question. Last week I started calling "CQ CQ CQ eSSB...eSSBers or VooDoo Crew" on 10M. Obviously no one came back, but still I thought it was a hoot to call just for eSSB stations ONLY. Another little fun I will start having is, having QSO's with "narrow" audio and in the middle of the ragchew change over to the "Soft-Audio" :wink: (Bet they'll think it's the band changing on 'em. :twisted: )