FT-2000 Audio Clips Request...

Why are so many Amateur Radio Operators so Scared of Running Low Frequencies in there Audio?
!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

FT-2000 Audio Clips Request...

Post by !KANT »

Can someone post or link a real recording of a FT-2000 setup and used by an ESSB "guru"....--recorded on a 870, modded 850/100 or TS-950VMSDX...NOT from another FT-2000. Have yet to hear one to wow me into a needing a clean pair of shorts.

FTR, Greg's VMSDX audio clip made me need clean shorts.... :wink:

CraigN7CAL
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by CraigN7CAL »

If you get an FT-2000 I will need new drawers,,,,,

Com-on man! 870 Brotha from anotha mutha,,,,

{STOP YAESU"S CULTURE OF CORRUPTION}
A multi-syllabic individual with a linguistic capability that far surpasses the guttural utterances of normal men

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Nah, don't get it twisted. I just wanna hear one "correctly" setup--tons of Audio guys have added one to the arsenal...--it's just curiosity that has me. If I get back into the game, it'll be a 950VMSDX, 850/100 or 870 (which would make my 3rd ever owned). :wink:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

We thinks he secretly desires the FT-2000....
Sure asking LOTS of questions 'bout it. :wink:
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Oh no no NO!! It'll be a Kenwood the way things are going. Besides I don't hear anyone on the air with good audio anymore--listening with online receivers. And I have yet to hear a FT-2000. I remember when a lot of the Kenwood lovers moved away to the FT-2000....so the curiousity still exists...

When I get back I hope you guys can be found... :twisted:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Yea, yea, yea...
Your a Closet Yeasu Lover, We knew it!! :twisted:

We think everyone is just waiting for the Sun to start working its majik.
For now everyone is on 75/80 meters.
Most of all the old Central and East Coast Audio Heads are on 3.630mc every night, starting at about 7:00pm and on.
I think The West Coast guys are on 3.825mc and 3.820mc.

If were not on 3.630mc, then our hang out is 3610mc on 80 meters, or around 1.870mc.

We use Yahoo Messenger for contact info.

Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

That's actually a relief to hear. I use MSN (Windows Live) Messenger. Not sure how 80M is gonna work for me without an amp, but we're going to try and get the wire to make up for it somehow--hidden antennas will be back in the works. I've been hearing lots of activity on 160M and figured you guys would be somewhere there.

Anyway, no Yaesu will be intended as an addition to the rebuilding of this station. And the only Yaesu's I've enjoyed using are the FT-990 (for CW) and the modded FT-1000MP....AHA!!

k4flh
Audio Head

New Yaesu FT2K

Post by k4flh »

Any owners of Yaesu FT 2ks that would like to send me your EQ settings to try I'd appreciate it.
I just bought a new "B" stock FT-2000 and want to see what others are using. I'm trying my setting from my FT 950 but I'm not happy with what I'm hearing .
I have a dbx 5 band parametric eq that I'm going to pull from my "B" system effects rack and insert into my chain and see how that does. Before I do that I want to play with the internal eq first.
My email is: hdbillder(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Bill/K4FLH
Curmudgeon at large
Illegitimis non carborundum

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Hi k4flh
Have a look at K6JRF site you can see what he has on his EQ on his ft2000. Myself I've turned all the EQ's OFF on my FT2000 and just use the rack gear.

http://www.k6jrf.com/FT2k_Audio4k.html

k4flh
Audio Head

Thanks

Post by k4flh »

I appreciate the answer .I also keep the internal eq off but I still am curious as to what others are using sans outboard gear. My guess is a bell curve is the most used centered on 1 to 1.2K
Bill/K4FLH
Curmudgeon at large
Illegitimis non carborundum

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

I still wanna hear one!!!! [LOL!!!]

Every one of them I've heard are NOT VooDoo worthy. :roll:

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Ok, since my last post on this thread, I've been assisting and listening to a few operators with the FT-2000. Most of them have highly referenced K6JRF's website--an in depth goldmine of information. Yes, after the Power-On mod process was completed, the FT-2000 exhibited extended low end response to 40Hz--pronounced with outboard processing. The one thing baffling me is the top end, the reports of 4kHz TX bandwidth. So far, I've clocked post-mod FT-2000's (even the audio clip on the website) and they have that signature rolloff at 3.4kHz. [Please don't feed me anything about 6db down--it's not even 3.8kHz at far down]

I've listened to FT-5000's, 9000's and DX-3000 which truly go out to 4kHz. So what gives?? Should it really read "TX Bandwidth 3.5kHz" and NOT 4kHz?? Am I missing/not hearing something??

**Note: The DX-3000 is true 4kHz, but the low end drops like a sack of 2-Ton body parts at 100Hz.