Yo!! does anybody ever use this thing?????????

Other Equipment Topics fer Yakin 'bout.
w8rca
Audio Head

Yo!! does anybody ever use this thing?????????

Post by w8rca »

Been checking up on you guys and I think ya'll went to sleep or something......No posts just DEAD space...crank up the AUDIO and keep top quality audio alive and well on the bands.
Best Regards,
Greg W8RCA
From the "Wattage Cottage" in suburban Hell, Michigan.
From the "Wattage Cottage" high a top "RF Hill" in suburban Hell, Michigan...... this message is brought to you by amateur radio station... W8RCA ...

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Love that Town Name!

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Love the name of yer Town!!
That is too Kewl.
Been busy movin and stuff so aighnt had to much time to play VooDoo.
Should be back up to par in about a month or so.
Glad ya posted!!!
Welcome to the VooDoo Forum.....

One, Two.....da VOOOOODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Well, I've been experiementing with antennas and trying battle RFI!!!

I must admit I really admire the suffix of your call....niiiiiiiiiiiiiice....

Mikey.....be safe with that move bruthah....we'll be lookin' for ya soon...

w5udx
VooDoo Audio Guru

Post by w5udx »

Did someone say VooDoo? :snakeman:

I'm game. Lets audio.

Send an me an email at w5udxre20@yahoo.com ( I'm usually around after 12 noon everyday) and we can meet up on the air 160-10 mtrs
(I've got wires for 160-40 and a 12 ele dummy load for 20-10) depending on where you live and what band is working. Lets VooDoo!!
Last edited by w5udx on Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't give me that sissy ass audio, put some lows in it!

udx

dg7lan
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by dg7lan »

if i only could get through to you guys..damn..
there are too bad conditions these days..

so i have to talk to myself with the assistence of the monitor knob..but i also enjoy ;) 1..2..voodoo.. how do i sound, andy? oh andy, your sounding different..what did you change? ahhh.. nothing.. i mean - yea wait... i changed these settings here.. how does it sound now? oh, i can´t hear too much differenc..maybe there are more HARMONICS?
...if in doubt, increase bandwidth

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Damn!!!

Post by Voodoo Guru »

What is this??!!!!

W5UDX made a Post?!!

Say it isn't so??!!

Damn...the VooDoo Guru must have had a Bored Ass Moment there.

Well How the Hell Are Ya Greg?!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

We are livin at the RiverHouse now....won't be long and we should have the other house sold.
It will still be awhile before we're on the air again as We had to postpone the Shack building to concentrate on the move.
All the Antennas are down....All the equipment is disassembled.

WOW....been along time since we had no one to talk too.
Kind of like you Andy....we are One Two...the Voodoo to myself!!
Conditions will be open that way before long.

Hope ya got all yer RFI problems resolved Oz.
We need to post all the emails we sent to each other on that here on the Forum for future reference.

Ya'l take care now....ya hear!!
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru

!KANT

Re: Damn!!!

Post by !KANT »

wz5q wrote:What is this??!!!!

W5UDX made a Post?!!

Say it isn't so??!!

:shock: Holy shytty ballz :shock: The bands must REALLY suck-ass....[which they are....bands are just noisy and crappy--even 75M has been crapping out] :evil:

Well, I finally got rid of my RFI problem. I can run 1.2KW and no hint of RFI in the audio ON ANY BAND--YAY!!!! :D --thanks Mike, lifting the ground on the FURMAN did it. :wink: [I still may go though adding caps to the Bling-Box, just as a precautionary type project].

I haven't logged into BW in so long they desided to contact me to ask why the hell I don't use it.....--'cause no one is ever there when I log on in. :lol:

Anyway, we're being patient in waiting to hear great audio again along with much better signals......see ya'll during those minor spirts of spot activity.....[wait that doesn't sound right] :oops: :roll: :lol: 8)

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Echostink

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Ha Haaaa!

Well how the Hell Are Ya Oz?! :weedman:
Finally got the computer back up and runnin after the big Move.
It is gunna be awhile before we can set up the station though :roll:

........soooooooo.....in the meantime.....

and since the bands are so crappy.......... :evil:

we been gettin on Echostink....mean Echolink.
we know, we know...but at least we can Yak!

ohh.....by the way....the spot activity never botherd me.......:finga:
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

:lol: I see you got jokes :lol:

Well, ole UDX and DXE have been telling me about EchoSTINK, but I think I finally have Skype working [after 4 trails and errors]. I'll look into installing Echo.....blah!

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Bandwidth

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Tryed Skype, but don't have enough bandwidth for it to work right with this crappy dial-up we got here.
Echostink actually sounds better than Skype for this reason.
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Ok, so I'll install echolinky for you DIALated ops.... --Hell, I have to disco my antennas again....thunderstorms are driving me nuts!!! :evil: They weren't there on the radar 30 minutes ago!!!! :evil: [this is an EVERYDAY occurance]

***Perfect opportunity for Echo and Sky*** :roll:

dg7lan
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by dg7lan »

r u guys cheating or what? i have echolink all day long, waiting for someone coming up.. nothing.. like dead conditions.. where´s gregs node? damn i´m wasting time

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Heck Andy.... Everytime I log into Skype no one's there--with the exception the one night I heard Mikey....I couldn't get my input to work... :oops: :evil:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Thats what happened.

Post by Voodoo Guru »

ohhhh......
Thats what happened. was wunderin why ya didn't yak at us. :finga:
Saw Andy on Echostink....but before we could get 'em...he loged off.
Have been still messin with the other "estate" and putting it on the market so things are still real busy hear. :roll:
Have the wrap-around desk built in the shack, now alls that is left is the equipment shelves, partition, and workbench, and the all important AIR CONDITIONING!! :P
The tower building is also coming together. Have the base installed. Have all the pipe for the guy anchors. Alls that is left is getting the concrete and the machine to dig the 4ea 5' deep 12"diameter holes.....(not to mention someone to do it for us) and installing the rest of the tower. :Hangman:
The steppir should be hear in another month or so...and that will go on top of the hazer (which we haven't got yet).
Should be ready for this winter conditions on the air......hopefully.

Until then my VooDoo Brothers.....

Keep the Faith!!!! :weedman:
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Man, I'm still trying to get used to this hot-ass air here in Georgia--NYC ain't a picnic either right now [with temps into the high 90's]. But at least I know the HUMIDITY is lower there than it is here... :evil: Central cooling has been on 24/7 for the 2 months and no sign of turning it off either.

As for Sky, I would never treat ma VooDoo [God]father like that--I was soooo pissed with my PC after that night, I vowed not to use Sky again....but as necessity would have it, others are asking me to join it [due to conditions].

While you're going through the Decontructions and Contructions over there, I hope you're taking pictures...for those lasting memories of all the blood, sweat and tears you're pouring into this--not to mention so we can see all the trouble you're facing, so we know what to do when encountering [possible] pitfalls... :roll: :lol:

Finally, I see you broke down and went for a SteppIR....hmmmm.... :?: I would have loved to have hear ya with that 5 element QUAD....or even a 12 element "dummyload". All in all, good luck and we look forward to hearing you and the rest of the VooDoo Boyz back on the air [condx permitting].

**BTW, 17M and 20M played extremely well into the very late evening earlier this week....all stations from out west to Texas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma to short haul in Florida and the Carolinas were all heard and work [in one big QSO]. I guess it's something to look forward in the upcoming years.... 8)

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Too much bullshit!

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Yea......
well, we'll tell you, be glad when this crap is over with!
It is a nightmare....too much stuff to try and take care of at the same time. :Hangman:

Never again.
!KANT wrote: While you're going through the Deconstructions and Constructions over there, I hope you're taking pictures...for those lasting memories of all the blood, sweat and tears you're pouring into this--not to mention so we can see all the trouble you're facing, so we know what to do when encountering [possible] pitfalls... :roll: :lol:
Well......havn't been taking any pictures of the shack as of yet because most of it was just general construction practices....less the soundproofing measures. but all the tricks used for soundproofing the new shack/studio can be found in these free downloads from http://www.soundproofingamerica.com/download.asp . Also another good site with lots of information is http://www.acoustics101.com/.
Didnt do everything of course....but did do a bunch of the suggestions, like Double Sheet rocked, double walls (actually 2 full walls with studs and everything!), EVERYTHING was caulked and sealed including all the outlets, Solid door with airtight seals, etc...etc...
The only problem we will have is with vibration due to the Riverhouse is up on 14' stilts. We wont be able to tell that until the equipment is in place. :twisted:
Should be real interesting....man it would be nice to not have to use a downward expander AT ALL!!! :lol:
!KANT wrote: Finally, see you broke down and went for a SteppIR....hmmmm.... :?: I would have loved to have hear ya with that 5 element QUAD....or even a 12 element "dummyload". All in all, good luck and we look forward to hearing you and the rest of the VooDoo Boyz back on the air [condx permitting].
There was a LONG thought process that came with that decision.
Just don't have the room for the longer antennas. too many trees and cuttin them is NOT an option.
Also had to be able to nest a 2 meter beam up above the hf beam...that ruled out the Log Periodic (dummy load) and the Quad.
So it was down to the 3 element and 4 element SteppIR.
The 4 element was a no go....back to the trees again....it was just to long.
So the bottom line is the 3 element SteppIR with the 28' long K1FO 17 element 2 meter antenna on top of it. But there will be a twist....of course....have 3ea of the K1FO antennas. We are going to take 2ea and make 1 out of it by cross drilling the boom and make it a "Cross Yagi" capable of both Vertical and Horizontal polarizations.
All this crap will be on a hazer.
That is the Plan.

Will try to remember and take pics of the rest of the stuff, as there really isn't a whole lot of information on the web about certain things, like Elevated guy wires, building cross yagis, and such. There is some, like Tower Talk for the tower related shit, but that was about it.'

So until we get all this stuff oriented and accomplished....
We leave you and the VooDoo Crew with the task of spreading the VooDoo message and keeping the Dark Audio Magic alive!!
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Voodoo Guru

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Will do "Oh Mighty and Powerful One"..... :twisted:

Sounds like a whole helluvah lot taking place there bruthah. I wish I was there to lend a hand--since I don't DO shyt all friggin' day except wait for the next thrunder/lightning storm to brew up so I can find some adventure in disco'ing my antennas....WHOA! :roll:

Thanks for the Sound-Proofing link--BTW, the first one is a dead link :wink:

FB, on the final decision for your array. It's sounds like it will work out for the better, and just may prove that you wouldn't have needed anything bigger anyway. **I still long for the acrage [and own property] to install a 3 to 5 element QUAD.**

As discussions of antennas, amplifiers, radios and audio continue on the air, I try to gather as much information as I can about antennas [from the stations I speak to]. There are lots of options [as you well know] and though the GREAT reputation of "band-opening" QUAD's, I'm still partial to Force12--I adored mine back in NYC.

Now guys are still mentioning OptiBEAM, Hex-Beam, Mosley, HyGain, Lightning Bolt, Tennadyne, Sommer and [the most talked about--and gaining much ground and repsect] SteppIR. The choices are flattering and exciting, so I can understand the thought process that was applied before you came to your conclusion. We still have another 2 years or so before bands begin to improve, at least according to predictions.

I wish I could run without downward expansion/gates here....but that ain't happening for a long while--I'm sure you heard the demo file I sent ya. :oops:

There are a lot of stations that are curious of the sound of their stations. For the past couple days and nights I've recording and emailing mp3's to ops that openly welcome the offering of receiving a recording of themselves. Whether or not they are satisfied with their "tonal quality" is entirely up to them. But it shows that having nice-complimentary audio is well saught after by many more than I ever anticipated. It true that many are still not ready for VooDoo and can't even comprehend it's sound.....but the axions of Da Thundah will be heard and felt through the airwaves..... :twisted:

**Shyt....did I type all that...OMG!!!! :shock: ** :twisted:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Period

Post by Voodoo Guru »

OK....fixed it.
That damn Period was on the links "six".

Well we'll be glad when its over with and the conditions get better.

Tired of not being able too....

do that voodoo.......

that we doo......

sooooooo weeeeellllllll !!!
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Linky worx now..... 8)

dg7lan
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by dg7lan »

ey to be completely offtopic, did any of you check that moxon-antenna? should i try it? it´s simple and has a nice f/b ratio