Audio Chain HookUp

Hookin up those Audio Boxes without gettin yourself Perplexed.
M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Audio Chain HookUp

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Guy's

Hope to get some advice regarding Final Hook-Up all on the Left channel apart from the EX3200

Sure SM58 mic
into
Mic2200
into
DSP1124P
into
MDX2200
into
EX3200 Voodoo connection
into
UB802
into
iBox
into the back connections of a FT2000 so is this the best way to connect everything up??? or is there a better configuration?

Thanks
Rob

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Loads of members looking at my post but NO help even just to say YES that will work???

It all works and I get very good reports but it's always good to ask more experienced members for there advice.

Have a good 2013 all hope to catch some of you on the radio to get a report live.

Rob
M0AOV

Dave457
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by Dave457 »

I would put the ex3200 before the mdx 2200

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Dave
At the moment my audio chain is how I had it with my FT847 the way Voodoo Guru said would be best for that radio, but since I've got the FT2000 with 4k I wanted to make sure the chain is ok as it is or if it needed changing around I would be able to get some info to say which would be best.

http://m0aov.site40.net/audio2.html

Rob

INXS
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by INXS »

M0AOV wrote:Hi Dave
At the moment my audio chain is how I had it with my FT847 the way Voodoo Guru said would be best for that radio, but since I've got the FT2000 with 4k I wanted to make sure the chain is ok as it is or if it needed changing around I would be able to get some info to say which would be best.

http://m0aov.site40.net/audio2.html

Rob
Rob, have you ever spend any time getting to know your equipment?
Do you want your Audio to sound the way you envision it sounding in your mind?
Or! What someone else think you should sound like ?

The GURU keeps repeating over and over, " This isn't Instant Breakfast " !

Spend time playing with your Rack, (Talking about Audio Rack ) try different things.
See / Hear how different setup sound to your " ear " and tailor your Audio to YOUR Likings.
Do not be afraid to experiment, this is what Ham Radio is all about.
Get some listening time in behind that RACK.

Good AUDIO is Earned. Never Given!

(((73))) INXS

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Milverton

I understand what you are saying but it's always good to get someone who has the knowledge Like you did yourself http://www.wz5q.net/talkvoodoo/viewtopi ... ight=#1626 and who has been doing this for a good few years then ask them what they think, once you have that then you can add yourself to what you think you should sound like, If you were just going to experiment yourself you wouldn't need a forum like this this is why the forum is here to get the guy's who have done it and ask for advice that's what ham radio is all about.

You always need the basic setup then from that you add what ever you think you need to get the audio YOU want this is why MYSELF and others ask the BASIC question WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LINK THE GEAR I'VE GOT once you have that information you tweek your audio to get the sound YOU want.

It's a bit like asking how do you connect all your audio gear together then getting told go and find out yourself that's the fun in connecting your gear together lol ALWAYS ASK SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE THE JOB BECAUSE IN THE END YOU GET IT RIGHT AND YOU DON'T DAMAGE ANY EQUIPMENT.

I've not seen many sites on the net that show i.e. really show you how to connect your leads together I searched for months but nada that's why I did it on my site so it could help someone not to start from scratch.

Rob