SX-3040

The essence of Perfection. What is it that makes that Surreal Sound?
w5udx
VooDoo Audio Guru

SX-3040

Post by w5udx »

Has anyone messed with this one yet?

http://www.behringer.com/SX3040/index.cfm?lang=eng

Could be a new VooDoo box to MOD !!!!! TEE HEE :twisted:
Don't give me that sissy ass audio, put some lows in it!

udx

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

I saw it months ago in the Full Compass catalog, but never bother to check it out on an in-depth level.......but now I will. :wink: BTW, the price is attractive as only Behringer allowed.

sm5hua
VooDoo Audio Guru

Re: SX-3040

Post by sm5hua »

Hiya Greg!
w5udx wrote:Has anyone messed with this one yet?
http://www.behringer.com/SX3040/index.cfm?lang=eng
Could be a new VooDoo box to MOD !!!!! TEE HEE :twisted:
Did you test it or anyone else?

/P
Cottage Radio, Uppsala Sweden

ruisgc
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by ruisgc »

Hi guys, yes it seems to be a preaty one to try.
Now i'm on vacations but, next month i'll try this one.
If anyone already try, please let all know
CT1HAR

The VOODOO from Portugal .........

skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

behringer sx3040

Post by skullman »

Hi jon here just recieved the behringer sx-3040 from a mixer buddy of mine to play with just had it a day so still playin with the know will re-post later stay tuned
may you always have what you want but never want for anything,does that make sence???

skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

sx-3040 review

Post by skullman »

Ok ive done as much testing on the se3040 for now,what i feel is its a great replacement for the 3200 BUT i wish it had a surround mode but with the proper equipment around it i got it very close to my ultrfex 3200,i tried linking both channels with an unbalanced cable between 1 an 2 and a balaneced cable its mucho better with a balanced cable,mabye as a result of having no surround mode??.The 2 negitives i found it creats alot of essys noises,and eddgy top end,but i was able to correct most of that with a definition adjustment on the 533,for the eddgy top and for the sssssses and adjustment on my tube tech smc2b on the highs but the 3200 is still a bit better on the highs,The sx3040 will work very well and for only a minor investment of 80-90 bucks its not a bad deal as the 3200m is kinda hard to find these days.Theres a lack of phaseing to my ameture ears so far that i hear in my 3200 its just not there in the 3040 but i only tested to be fair in the same position as my 3200 for a good accurate test,what i might do is try both inline to try an get a better harmony for the rack, As far as the statement another member made about not needing an eq im not in aggreement with that i tested with and without my eq and its much better sonically with the eq,ok thats it for now anybody have any input let us know take care and have fun with wide banding remeber if your not txing wide your not being properly heard!!! :D
may you always have what you want but never want for anything,does that make sence???