'533....SOLD OUT!!!

The essence of Perfection. What is it that makes that Surreal Sound?
!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

'533....SOLD OUT!!!

Post by !KANT »

Well, just about everywhere you go it seems as though the '533 is sold out and back ordered. Some places actually put you on a two to three week waiting list. :evil: After a little more than a half a dozen calls I finally broken down and called Full Compass. My sales rep didn't have any in stock--though my other pieces were--......but he pulled off a call and it's to be shipped direct. And to further sweeten the deal, he met the competitors price AND it's being express shipped FREE!!! :D

Full Compass.....can't beat 'em. :D

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Damn Straight!

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Damn Straight!!
Damon has always taken care of us...always.
You are going to just LOVE that piece of equipment.

Ohhh......and by the way....
We're workin on some extra mods fer the Bellari's.
So far they are real Promising!
They sound like.........

Liquid Silk.
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

So you're back in the lab again, huh?...--no wonder I can't find ya... :wink: "Liquid Silk"....OMG!!!! 8)

Well, I'm getting antcy waiting for this piece, but it's on it's way.

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

FedEX kept me in deep anticipation....and finally they brought my BLING! :D It's quite obvious this unit has to be learned to find a sweet spot. I'm trying a few experiments with processor placement, putting the '533 in different parts of the chain. It's very interesting to hear how everything can change dramatically with a simple reconfiguration [for better and for WORSE].

The '533 is missing one thing I would love to see....a downward expander. Since there is none it forces me to keep one processor inline just for that purpose. Other than that it's definitely adding a very nice colored tube sound [with the original tubes]--and they're not even burned in yet :shock: I'll keep on with the reconfigurations until I find what I'm satisfied with. So far two processors will possibly be removed from the rack--unless I really feel like keeping 'em inline.

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Terriffic

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Can't wait until you get it all set up and burned in.
You should really see a tremendous difference.
Be careful with the "Definition" Control...it can cause tearing if turned up too much. We keep ours about 11:00.
We also use the compressor as an effects device to "soften" the mix and also to give it a specific "Tone".

You got it goin on, my Voodoo Brother!!!!!
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

You're not kidding with the Definition, but I tailored the EQ parameters around the 533. Right now it's at 2 o'clock. I'm still trying to find the sweetspot on the Bottom control [1 o'clock works very well at the moment]. For the next few days I'll be pullin' plugs, so bear with me.

Of course the band was lousy last night so I couldn't even get on with the VooDoo boyz on 75M. So far it's been on for the past 5 hours since being rolled. :wink:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Suspense.....

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Well Ozzy,
Ya killin us!!!!!
Whats the latest Voodoo Report on the new tubage?
Fill us in 'cause we're dyin to know yer thoughts and experiences so far.

Lay it on us!!!!!!

In Detail!!!
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Ok....so I finally got the unit and after 1 week of using it I have to admit that it definitely added a colored sound to the audio. This was something I noticed before I rolled the tubes to the Black Plates. I've since been experimenting with the unit in different configurations in the audio chain.

I've noticed that the Bottom control for the exciter section to have a sort of phasing sound as it's varied [increased or decreased]. But the best way to describe this is to say, it "shapes" the sound. It's not a unit to be fiddled with continuously and definitely not your run-o-da-mill Sonic Maximizer crap either which adds an amplification of low-end frequencies. It's not easy to describe the effect you get, but it's one that you will notice. The compression section can allow you to smooth out the sound if you learn the right touch. And once you've found your "sweet spot" with this processor LEAVE IT!!!

I chose to build my sound around the '533 and the results are quite pleasing. Of course I'm sure I'll get that itch and want to try even more configurations. The original tubes were the same as the ones I rolled into the '1953--which also has a smoother sound than the orginal 12AX7's. For some, the changes may be sutble or even nonexistant....but you have to know how to use all of your processors in unisen. There is no ONE magic box....just a combination that allows for you to sound like you have one. The '533 fits extremely well with the other processors, just on a slightly grander scale.

To hell with that transprency, natural sounding gnads-ya-throat shyt....me VooDoo now!!! [just on the "conservative" side of things...heheheh]
:twisted:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Ohhhh Yeaaaa!

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Ohhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

You are VOOOOOOODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Now!!

But..........

the Bling IS the magic box!!!
Voodoo Guru

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Da Magical BLING Box.... 8)

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

They are still in demand....--but "it's not the Bellari" as one well recognized operator said. But as myself, other (dedicated) users and reviews state, the unit does exactly what it is suppose and does it well by providing a noticably [wanted] colored sound.... 8)