Click to Return to the WZ5Q Website. X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM
Talk about that VOODOO, that You Do, Soooo Well!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A lucky find

Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> Yak, Yak, Yakity, Yak.....
BillPaul
Digital Voodoo Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: A lucky find Reply with quote

This past weekend, a friend convinced me to drag my butt out of bed early on Saturday morning to visit the DeAnza College swap meet here in northern California. While wandering around, I happened to look down and saw not one, but two of these just sitting there on one vendor's table:

One of them was missing the power and data cables, but the other had everything including the original instruction manual and warranty registration card. I snagged it for $30. (I practically shoved my money in the sender's hands almost before he finished getting the words out.)

Now, I realize that there are 3rd party replacements for the IF-232C, but for some reason a lot of them don't work if you have the Kenwood TS-850/DSP-100 combo. The computer in the TS-850 actually talks to the DSP-100 through the communications port, so you can't plug a computer directly into the TS-850 when the DSP-100 is connected. Instead you have to use the 'CONT OUT' port on the DSP-100 itself. For some reason, some of the 3rd party CAT cables don't work when plugged into the DSP-100's CONT OUT port. But the original Kenwood IF-232C works fine. This is why I was so happy when I found one. Smile

-Bill
Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT SCORE Bill Paul!!! Partyman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    X-treme ESSB Audio FORUM Forum Index -> Yak, Yak, Yakity, Yak..... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1