A lucky find

Other Equipment Topics fer Yakin 'bout.
BillPaul
Digital Voodoo Guru

A lucky find

Post by BillPaul »

This past weekend, a friend convinced me to drag my butt out of bed early on Saturday morning to visit the DeAnza College swap meet here in northern California. While wandering around, I happened to look down and saw not one, but two of these just sitting there on one vendor's table:

One of them was missing the power and data cables, but the other had everything including the original instruction manual and warranty registration card. I snagged it for $30. (I practically shoved my money in the sender's hands almost before he finished getting the words out.)

Now, I realize that there are 3rd party replacements for the IF-232C, but for some reason a lot of them don't work if you have the Kenwood TS-850/DSP-100 combo. The computer in the TS-850 actually talks to the DSP-100 through the communications port, so you can't plug a computer directly into the TS-850 when the DSP-100 is connected. Instead you have to use the 'CONT OUT' port on the DSP-100 itself. For some reason, some of the 3rd party CAT cables don't work when plugged into the DSP-100's CONT OUT port. But the original Kenwood IF-232C works fine. This is why I was so happy when I found one. :)

-Bill

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

GREAT SCORE Bill Paul!!! :partyman:
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm