MIC-2200 Upgrade

The Secret Weapon?
EeZee
Audio Head

MIC-2200 Upgrade

Post by EeZee »

Hmmmmm, just thinking about upgrading the mic pre-amp.

Using the MIC-2200 at the moment from Behringer & for what it cost, does a reasonable job.

I was thinking of upgrading to something better than 'tube emulation' & came across the ART Voice-channel

http://artproaudio.com/art_products/sig ... cechannel/

It seems to have some nice features, variable tube plate voltage, variable input impedance etc

Does anyone aleady have any experience with this unit or any suggestions as an improvement over the MIC-22200 (without breaking the bank!)

The Voodoo trip doesn't have a destination - it's all about the journey (& it's a white-knuckle ride!) :twisted:

EZ

skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by skullman »

ezeey hey jon here just save your money an get a ballari rp-520 everything else is below that some are good and some are not the 200 dosent evn=en have a real tube in it just me my thought jon..
may you always have what you want but never want for anything,does that make sence???

Dave457
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by Dave457 »

You can change out the stock tube and put in a GE 5 star 5751,
I did with mine and it sounds Great

EeZee
Audio Head

Post by EeZee »

skullman wrote:ezeey hey jon here just save your money an get a ballari rp-520 everything else is below that some are good and some are not the 200 dosent evn=en have a real tube in it just me my thought jon..

Hey Jon - I'd love the Bellari but they're not easy to come by here in Europe :cry:

The 'tube emulation' in the 2200 just doesn't cut the mustard anymore :?

EeZee
Audio Head

Post by EeZee »

Dave457 wrote:You can change out the stock tube and put in a GE 5 star 5751,
I did with mine and it sounds Great
Hey Dave - I might try that if I can find a cheap tube but I'm thinking I might get better results from a unit without starved voltage design?

I understand the MIC-2200 only has 30V on the plate :?

Dave457
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by Dave457 »

I got one on the net of $35.0 circa 1962 and it made big differance at lest on my Mic 2200. Maybe one day I'll upgrade to actual tube modulation but tube emulation works for me......just my two cents :)