OH!!...For De Love Of All Dat Es Oly!!!...Do Eeeeeeeet!!!!

Who is at the sublime pinnacle of Voodoo Excellence...
!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

OH!!...For De Love Of All Dat Es Oly!!!...Do Eeeeeeeet!!!!

Post by !KANT »

Tuning the bands can be a pain or a treat. Pileup racket can seduce you or displace you. A station's sound can bore you or unslumber you. The higher bands are quieter and be well worth the time to spin the dial in a viral venture for signals (and good audio). At times, the search can be overbearingly annoying and frustrating. But once in a while, within those rare band openings there will be that shimmer of a familiar sound which isn't just beautiful, it is spectacularly GORGEOUS!!

Let the boys play with their toys heavily loaded on 20 meters. Yes, the hot bed continues to attract the biggest guns from all parts of this immense globe. But truth br told, our backyard still remains the best-shot-platinum-standard. 17 Meters is no secret for its surprise openings, Contest Hogs escape route and [should be] Conquest Winning quietness--(ahhh...blissssss...sigh)

When 17M does play the northeastern boys can catapult some nauseatingly strong signals, retaining their dominance of "well-balanced-no-nonsense-audio-know-how". Many of these stations have proven their reign time and time again. With icons whom have thundershocked the airwaves, the Northest bunch have done more than earned their rank in the eSSB realm.

This go around we want to let the focus become an institution to a station in particular who brought a CLEAR and strong breath of fresh air to 17 meters one morning when the band seemed lifeless of good signals and great sound. This station's sound quickly warranted the effort to extend my receive bandwidth and snuggle ever closer to the earcups of my headphones. It has truly been some time since this experience has been had on 17. And these moments are priceless.

eSSB Audio lovers of its true essences, allow the time and recognition of.......

Dick, W1FYI. Highly impacting audio for sure. Duuuuuuuuide!!!

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Most Eloquent as always!!!

You know Ozzy, Dick is now transmitting on a TS-950sdx modified by Voodoo-LABS, VMSDX #18!

So of course his Audio has impact!! :D
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

BillPaul
Digital Voodoo Guru

Post by BillPaul »

I've QSOed with W1FYI a couple of times, back when I was still using the TS-850/DSP-100 combo, and his TS-950SDX sounded great. It was one of the things that finally convinced me to put a crowbar in my wallet and get one myself. Last time I heard him on 20m though, he was operating on the Flex 5000, which also sounded pretty good.

I should probably tune in to 17m more often. :)

-Bill

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Thank you Mike. I had a feeling that's what he was using--it was so CLEAN, natural and smooth. One of these days [when I become an ELITE big boy] I'll get one of them VMSDX's. :twisted:

Yea, 17M can have some rare moments if guys play radio--I've been getting into 7 Land easily in the afternoons and 40 is hot into all of 4 and 5 land at night.