Equipment Setup Diagrams & Videos

Hookin up those Audio Boxes without gettin yourself Perplexed.
M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Equipment Setup Diagrams & Videos

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Guy's

What I'm trying to do is setup a Website http://www.m0aov.site40.net with step by step Setup Diagrams and Links for pages that show HOW to setup there Audio gear. I've got some and posted them on my site and put links to the members sites showing how they have set there Audio gear up with there Radio's.

So does anyone else out there have any Diagrams or Video of there setup which could and will help anyone who wants to try this project???

I've not seen any site or even on Youtube that show by Video how everything get's setup from the cable side also what settings work for them so it gives us starters a chance to experiment.

Any help would be good.

Rob

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Rob,

That is a good idea, and it looks like you have started a great compilation.
We have never actually mapped out the Voodoo Audio Rack in Studio "X" as it is always in a state of flux.

We will assign somebody that project and see if we can't get you a diagram for the Voodoo Audio Rack at Studio "X".

As far as the settings go, that has been hammered to death on this forum as well as many others. So a little research goes a long way in learning the Key Frequencies on the EQ Filter.

We will post the diagram on this thread when it is finished.

Anyone else want to contribute?

Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Voodoo Guru

Thanks for the reply and YES that would be very good to get that Diagram to add to the collection I have at the moment and would like more member who have any to let me know so I can add them to the list, it all help's with new members getting there systems up and running and seeing what they need to do.

I see so many stations showing Pictures of there Gear and they look really great but I think maybe like other's, wouldn't it be great if I could have a system like that but I've got no idea how to set one up so Nar forget it.

If anyone has time to do a Video of how they set there leads up and then the settings on the equipment themselves I think if that gets shown more people would get into eSSB, I've searched all over the net and Youtube for weeks just to get some information to get as far as I am now and that's not that far, I'm so glad i found this forum and got some advice, this is why I setup the website over the last few day's and I'll keep updating it as and when I get more information.

I think telling someone how to do something isn't as good as showing them I think most people understand better that way.

Thanks again to everyone and hope to get more info and help getting this setup.

Rob

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy All,
Well, here is a quick throw together of the Voodoo Audio Rack in Studio "X" of Voodoo-LABS.

N-JOY!!
Voodoo Guru

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Voodoo Guru

Thanks for the fast post with the diagram I've updated the site with it so now hopefully more members will post there's then I can upload there's and any Video's if anyone has or does any.

Thanks again guy's for the help and info it all help's

I'll be updating the site as much as information comes along.

Rob

YO3IBW
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by YO3IBW »

Nice audio chain! I'll post also my line.
73 de Dan YO3IBW
http://www.buz.ro

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Dan

I'v added your Diagram's already and a link to your site as it's very informative, I've seen most of you Video's on Youtube as well and they were informative, If you could do more Video's of your cable Connections and also EQ setting's I'll stick them on my site and put a link back to your Youtube address if thats ok.

Rob

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Y'all,

Well, this is a diagram of how the present Mixers are set up here in Studio "X"...

N-Joy!!
Voodoo Guru

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Voodoo Guru

This is some of the best information I've seen on the net. I'll start to add little bits myself to help new members see what the input & output connection are like, i.e. XLR & TRS because when I started a few weeks ago I'd never heard of them.

Just need to get some Video of the EQ's Settings.

Thanks everyone so far for all this information.

Rob

Mike in Navarre
Audio Head

Post by Mike in Navarre »

Great work Voodoo Guru. I'm sure this will help newcomers to eSSB and alleviate some of the myriad of questions on what goes where. Now all they need to do is contemplate why each piece of gear is where it is in the audio chain and what each piece does to the audio. As an aside I think WZ5Q and NU9N deserve a GIANT "ATTA BOY" for their accomplishments in providing such a valuable resource to the rest of us. Anyway it is sure making it a lot easier for me (neophyte eSSB) to find my way and I truly appreciate WZ5Q and NU9N's efforts. If you have not tried to build you own webpages you just can't appreciate the effort that goes into researching compiling and loading onto the web. I feel a little like a parasite taking advantage of their hard work.

THANKS GUYS Mike Aka (SP00KY) W5YY

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

It's great that all the guy's are helping with Information, there are always going to be Teachers within our Hobby and I think we have quite a few on here to give us new comers a helping hand with the experience they have gained which is what Ham Radio is all about.

If anyone else can or wont's to show how there Audio Gear is setup please post here it all helps us new guy's.

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Guy's
I need some more HELP if anyone's got the time, I've just updated my site again http://www.m0aov.site40.net/eq.html and it's to do with the setting, I've got no idea except from what I've seen from some Youtube Video's so if anyone has got some BASIC settings showing what you would start off with then anyone else can try them and then tailor them to there own voice???

So can anyone HELP?

Rob

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy,
You know.....there is a SEARCH function on this Forum....

poke poke -- :D
hehe

But here is a good starting point.
This is such a difficult question to answer because every voice and station is different and unique.
These should get you started on your quest....

http://www.wz5q.net/talkvoodoo/viewtopi ... t=settings

Take Care,
Voodoo Guru

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Voodoo Guru wrote:Howdy,
You know.....there is a SEARCH function on this Forum....

poke poke -- :D
hehe

But here is a good starting point.
This is such a difficult question to answer because every voice and station is different and unique.
These should get you started on your quest....

http://www.wz5q.net/talkvoodoo/viewtopi ... t=settings

Take Care,
Thanks for the link, I've been all over the forum trying to gather as much info as possible I've got some and from the link I'll get some more, I thought there might just be some setting that you could say OK put everything like this then start to tweek the setting now to get the best sound out of the equipment you can for your voice, I got some from other sites but wonted to get more input from well what can I say the the site with almost all the info needed. Anything to help new starters.

Rob

9m2ody
Audio Head

Post by 9m2ody »

From estate :