basic mic-2200 set up to start///

Hookin up those Audio Boxes without gettin yourself Perplexed.
skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

basic mic-2200 set up to start///

Post by skullman »

ok have most of my equipment,and set up to base settings but cant find any info on mic-2200 basic set up using with my 950sdx anybody have any basic setting to start with thanks jon.. :cry:

SawzAll
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by SawzAll »

Hi John:

Set the output to the "0" on the 2200.
The Mic Gain knob set at +32 db to begin with; maybe up to 50db.
Turn off all of the EQ settings; don't bother with them on the 2200.
Use the DEQ-2496 to master the equalization instead.

-Robb

YO3IBW
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by YO3IBW »

I did play with a MIC2200 once but I was not impressed. It could be a good cheap preamp from some one point of view but my opinion is that crap is overpriced and the tube inside is just a joke (behind the vacuum tube you can see some yellow LEDs, hi).
I choose the UltraVoice Digital VX2496 instead.

PS: Sorry for the off topic. :wink:
73 de Dan YO3IBW
http://www.buz.ro

SawzAll
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by SawzAll »

YO3IBW wrote:I did play with a MIC2200 once but I was not impressed. It could be a good cheap preamp from some one point of view but my opinion is that crap is overpriced and the tube inside is just a joke (behind the vacuum tube you can see some yellow LEDs, hi).
I choose the UltraVoice Digital VX2496 instead.

PS: Sorry for the off topic. :wink:
Sorry to say, that the VX2496 isn't any better than the 2200. It doesn't even use a tube for its 'emulation'; whereas the 2200 does! Most of the features in the VX2496 should be left shut off. Same goes for the 2200. But as a simple preamp, it does the job as opposed to spending real $$$ for a real tube preamp.

I get real tube sound out of a tube condenser mic (MXL V-69). Rolled the tube in it to a GE 5-star 5751, absolutely the best and most economical way to get GENUINE tube harmonics short of getting an $800 tube preamp.

If you can think of a better, more economic way of getting genuine warm tube harmonics into the audio chain - then please let me know . . .

YO3IBW
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by YO3IBW »

On the moment that I had one of the MIC2200 units in my hands I was using the Xenyx 802 mixer as a preamp. I assure you that the mixer was sounding much better than the MIC2200, of-cause with the EQ disabled.

What can I say, the VX2496 is more fitting to my needs. If the MIC2200 is more likely on your taste, have fun with it. :wink:

PS: On my VX2496 I'm using the preamp, noise-gate, voice-optimized eq and the 2.7 kHz DE-ESSER. All other features are disabled, and works like charm! :)
73 de Dan YO3IBW
http://www.buz.ro

skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

mic 2200

Post by skullman »

ok thanks for the input on the 2200 i will try that but what about the phase rev freq and the lo cut leave them off to ??? thanks jon... :o
may you always have what you want but never want for anything,does that make sence???

SawzAll
Voodoo Audiophile

Re: mic 2200

Post by SawzAll »

skullman wrote:ok thanks for the input on the 2200 i will try that but what about the phase rev freq and the lo cut leave them off to ??? thanks jon... :o
Just say "no" to any EQing or phase reversal in the MIC-2200.
Phase reversal has nothing to do with what you want to do at this point.
EQing will be better accomplished in the DEQ-2496 . . .
:D

skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by skullman »

YO3IBW wrote:On the moment that I had one of the MIC2200 units in my hands I was using the Xenyx 802 mixer as a preamp. I assure you that the mixer was sounding much better than the MIC2200, of-cause with the EQ disabled.

What can I say, the VX2496 is more fitting to my needs. If the MIC2200 is more likely on your taste, have fun with it. :wink:

PS: On my VX2496 I'm using the preamp, noise-gate, voice-optimized eq and the 2.7 kHz DE-ESSER. All other features are disabled, and works like charm! :)
yes i aggree on the 802 mixer sounding better
may you always have what you want but never want for anything,does that make sence???