Members of the JURY!

All the other Voodoo Audio Topics.
INXS
Voodoo Audio Head

Members of the JURY!

Post by INXS »

Now that the New Kenwood TS- 590 is out for a couple of weeks, I'm curious (albeit a bit premature) to hear you all take on the long awaited TS-590.

SawzAll
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by SawzAll »

Supposed to be the 'Elecraft K-3 killer'.
With the newly re-designed IF and DSP - it should be.

Never heard one yet; how do they voodoo?

Wonder if the 590 can use the ARCP software and the DSP Modifier program like my TS-2000 can. That would make it nice - so long as it doesn't require extensive mods. The TS-2000 does all right with those programs - great sound with a ruler-flat condenser mic.

Looks to me that the 590 uses the same LCD screen as the 2000 does . . .

American radio mfr's have done very well lately with the Flexradio, Elecraft, and Ten Tec. Looks like we are starting to compete again - at least with radios first.

Don't know if the Ten Tec or Elecraft can gits da Voodoo; but the Flexradio sure can. That is why I bought one. Amazing radio.

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

I've heard a couple and two sound wonderful, and one sounded like crap. It all dwindled down to operator preference for audio. Don [KG9OM] has his sounding superb. Word is that it's bests the '870...

INXS
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by INXS »

!KANT wrote: Word is that it's bests the '870...
If it best the 870, then it's a winner.
Guess we gonna have to wait and see!

aseecobra
Audio Head

Post by aseecobra »

Its probably not a K3 killer but it might make it bleed!

Don't kill Kenwood if its not a killer as Kenwood never said it will. That was started by a ham that posted on Youtube.

The ARCP-590 program is free to download from the Kenwood site and it gives you an 18 band graphic EQ for the TX & RX user setting. No home brew DSP EQ software required.

I was able to turn off my external mic EQ and use the EQ in the radio to get the same result. It works good.

The RX and TX audio is flat like the 870 :)

My impression of the 590 is that its a improved 870.

Chris
70 Turds,

Chris

AC8DC

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

I'll keep my '870. At least its not" BRICKWALLED" at 3kHz. With that in mind, the Flex 3K might be my choice. And I totally despise LCDs on HF rigs...