Newbie wants to Voodoo, now what?

That VOODOO Low End, Should it be allowed on the Airways or Not?
codabass
Audio Head

Newbie wants to Voodoo, now what?

Post by codabass »

A friend turned me onto Voodoo and after hearing the samples, I feel the need to VooDoo. So, I have a stock 850 and about to pull the trigger on a dsp-100 ouch! After that, my rack gear consists of all studio gear not really situated for VooDoo. So for a newbie what would be a decent list of rack gear and mic. to start looking for? Details would be great. Thank you guys for your help and talent.

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Hiya Cod and welcome to the forums. Glad to see VooDoo still has a bite. One of the tradmarks with VooDoo Audio is the harmonics produced from tubes. One of the most recognized manufacturers of tube-type audio processing is Bellari. With the '850/100 combination you WILL have the "range" for wonderful audio reproduction. An exact list of processors for an audio chain can (and will) vary widely.

Take your time and if necessary take a look at what other eSSB enthusiasiasts are using as well. Never hesitate to inquire here in the forum section. So, go ahead and pull that trigger for the '100.

OzMan, N2QN

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Welcome to the Forum Codabass!

We would suggest that you get the DSP-100, that will be the only way you can RX and TX over 2.7kc with the TS-850 without being in Double Sideband.

As far as the Audio Equipment, wow...that's just like !kant said, it varies widely! look at the threads on this forum and other websites to see what there running. Try to find them on the air and listen to how they sound. The choice of equipment can be daunting, but once you get informed, you will know what you want.

Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm