Where have all the good times gone?

That VOODOO Low End, Should it be allowed on the Airways or Not?
CraigN7CAL
VooDoo Audio Crew

Where have all the good times gone?

Post by CraigN7CAL »

I have been running around for the last couple years pissing my wife off with all the gear I buy, pissing the guys on my regular 75 meter freq' with all the thunda I roll off on freq' and I'm starting to develop a theory that Voodoo operators need to either me put on the endangered species list or all collected together and exposed to the world in a more Voodoo Zoo like atmosphere.

It really kind of seems that many have fallen by the wayside due to band conditions. I know that I am active, Goob and I get on Hammy radio all the time. (I think so he can get me to buy an Alpha), but anyway.

There should be a frequency that emanates such a thunda so as to render "normal" operators sterile if they wander on to it. Bands are bad, contests suck and worst of all, the thunda has been reduced in many cases because of conditions. SO WHAT! ........ Voodoo unite, sterility should be our goal. Legal limit sterility. Pound the masses with Thunda.

See you round ladies
A multi-syllabic individual with a linguistic capability that far surpasses the guttural utterances of normal men

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Time...

Time....

Just waiting on the ole sun god SOL to emanate some of His electromagnetic radiation to charge are dead atmosphere.......

then my Voodoo Brethren.....

then......

All will be as it was....
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

The bands have gone to shyt...and no real sign of return anytime soon--may have to find other hobbies like did...--still miss VooDoo,,,,

CraigN7CAL
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by CraigN7CAL »

Wish you was around,, I hear a recording that I would like to hear live
A multi-syllabic individual with a linguistic capability that far surpasses the guttural utterances of normal men

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

I actually stumbled across hours of over the air recordings of ESSB stations and QSO's I did over the years...I was floored--especially when I played the audio back through the HDHT [with the 18" JBL sub with 1400W Crown amp powering]. The VooDoo guys easily blows everything out the water. I heard stations I haven't heard in 3 or 4 years. This was when the 17, 20, 40 and 80M bands actually opened up... Glad I archived 'em.
Last edited by !KANT on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

CraigN7CAL
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by CraigN7CAL »

I have spent more money cause of your $5 mic recording... Thanks for that by the way,,, you should get around once in a while,, Spend some more of my money,, :shock:

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

I heard that the other day and was in tears from laughter. $5....whooooooa!! Aren't Hams know for being CHEAP??--was just being a TRUE operator... The shock mount was killer... :twisted:

CraigN7CAL
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by CraigN7CAL »

Ya, it was killer,, you might be on to a little cottage industry with that if you could get the word out,, "Hamfest shock mount $0.56" Put it right next to the soap marked "Hamfest Hygiene"

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

LMAO!! OMGawd....you're killing me... :P

I remember needing the bungee cords for my shock mount. I gathered up a couple 1/4" rubberbands, installed 'em, threw the mic in the spider and it worked so well I never bothered to order the dang things. And they actually provided better isolation--bumping and slamming the desk and nothing to the mic... Those were the days of being ingenuous and CHEAP... :idea: