some help plz

Force them Rigs to accept True Voodoo!
2e0pup
Voodoo Audio Head

some help plz

Post by 2e0pup »

hi all i have a query regarding the ft-950 by yaesu, i wonder if anyone can help so here goes ....

As you all prop know the ft-950 will only tx 100 - 3000 khz wide, Now the Ft-2000 has a menu setting that allows you to extend your tx bandwidth to 4khx wide.

Now after a chat with a yaesu engineer ( who was very reluctant to give anythin away) i was left believeing that the FT-2000 tx bandwidth is firmware controled and the FT-950 works on the same principles, so my request is this,

Will anybody at voodooo be vooodoooin this radio at all ? or are you in the process of that ?

Any mods to assist the tx bandwidth or is this something yeasu will have to realease as a firmware update ?

Or would the firmware from a FT-2000 take on a Ft-950 ? ( i know prob not but u may as well ask the question lol

many thanks in advance for any help or advice, also any tips for voodoooin this radio would aslo be good

thanks 2e0pup

be good and take care, in the words of the icon bill OVER OVER !!!!!!

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy 2e0pup and welcome to the Forum.
We are very glad for you to be here.

Unfortunately, the Voodoo-LABS has not looked into any modifications for the Yeasu or for any other radios other then the Kenwood TS-950SDX. We do not plan on doing this in the future either. The reason for this is to keep our attention & concentration on improving the TS-950SDX and making it the best that it can possibly be.

Does any one else out there have any information on the FT-950 rig?

Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

2e0pup
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by 2e0pup »

okay thank you for the info and quick response, i have been after a 950sdx but they are very rare for sale in the uk, i will continue to investigate the ft-950 and if anythin usefull pops up, ill post it for others

thanks ppl

it9bdx
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by it9bdx »

4kc on ft950 its impossible, just ft2000-5000-9000 with an little mod at turning on transmit at 4.4kc!!!!

I'm sorry!!!!!
THANKS VOODOO FOR EXIST!

www.qrz.com/db/it9bdx

2e0pup
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by 2e0pup »

okay thank you for the advice, i have another query, i have been offer a kenwood 950 sd in exchange for my radio, however i know these radios are not a SDX, but is it possible to get them 6khz wide like the 950 SDX ?

any help would be appreciated

dave

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Dave,

Unfortunately, it will not.
Please read this thread...

http://www.wz5q.net/talkvoodoo/viewtopic.php?t=462

Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

2e0pup
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by 2e0pup »

ok lol that answered pretty much all the questions i had on the sd, anyways guys i have source a 2003 immaculate ts-870 so get ready for some 2E0PUP VOOODOOOOO

:P

OVER OVER !!!!!!

thanks for the inout guys