any bandwidth IC 7000 mods

Force them Rigs to accept True Voodoo!
Jim KF6QBW
Audio Head

any bandwidth IC 7000 mods

Post by Jim KF6QBW »

Very new and my first post. I have been tiring to get a better sounding radio and new what I wanted is possible the words of Voodoo audio, The best sounding radio on radio!
I have the IC 7000 and has bandwidth adj. wide = 100Hz - 2900Hz are there any mods for TX bandwidth . is the radio capable of 6Khz bandwidth? I have read other posts of other 7K owners with low audio on FM, not mine my low audio is on AM can get a little more volume by compressing the signal and it helps, but even still I told to turn it up as I am the lowest in the AM group AM only. Sideband is great and sounds good / great with stock mike (575 M6)

equipment list:
Shure Prolog 12L
UB 802
MDX 1600
PEQ 2200

sure 12L -->UB802==>ch1 MDX1600-->PEQ2200-->ch2 mdx1600-->home made interface works poor(IBox on the way)--.. into the 13pin jack in back this works best so far .............. if you don't mind 60Mc hum and a little squeal at the ends of words ....sometimes
Any way looking for any mods if available for IC 7000 to get greater bandwidth would be great. Looking to be a real voodoo audio station just like the ones I listen too. I just hope it can be done with this 7000 radio

sorry for the long post, and thanks,
Jim F KF6QBW (in AZ)

W5NVI
VooDoo Audio Guru

The dead horse

Post by W5NVI »

Hello Jim,
Most all of the Icom line can not be modified for BW :plasma: . What you see is what you get. The best thing to do is find an even balance with the BW that you have. Keep the highs and lows within 100Mc to 2900Mc. Try not to extend the bottom end much under 100Mc on the 7000, as it will introduce distortion. You should be able to achieve a good balance with what you have.
Good luck and take care,
I like it WIDE & ROBUST 4k and beyond!!!
The rest is just Sissy Stuff!!!!

Jim KF6QBW
Audio Head

7000 BW

Post by Jim KF6QBW »

thank you for the reply, and I guess an Icom is just not a voodoo radio. any Ideas on settings or needed equipment ? A webpage that could explaine on how to compress? limit audio into 100hz - 2900hz bandwidth of the 7000?

some how I feel this post is going to get me the "buy a new radio" post

tring to get there, Jim

W5NVI
VooDoo Audio Guru

Post by W5NVI »

Hey Jim,
Well, you are correct. the IC-7000 is not a Voodoo audio machine. But you should be able to make it sound pleasant to the ear.
There is a lot of good info in the previous threads on the forum. Or you can check out nu9n.com or w3oz.com. These both have good info. I think W3OZ even has some EQ settings for a Icom for the BW that your IC-7000 is capable of.
Hey, look on the bright side! We all had to start somewhere. I started out with a TS-2000. Plus I had almost NO knowledge in audio and worked my way to the TS-950VMSDX #16. It took me 4 years to finally get this baby! Also many hours of research and countless hours of twisting those knob's in the beginning to achieve my goal in the haunting pleasures of that Voodoo!!! And you can get there too,. Ya just got have dat "WANT" keep at it, you'll get there.
Take care,
I like it WIDE & ROBUST 4k and beyond!!!
The rest is just Sissy Stuff!!!!

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Jim,
Welcome to the Forum!!

W5NVI pretty much said it all, Thanks.
some how I feel this post is going to get me the "buy a new radio" post
Well, for Ultimate True VOODOO, yes.
The Icon just can't deal with it. :wink:

Take Care,
Voodoo Guru