Sooo.. I gots me this stuffz....

Hookin up those Audio Boxes without gettin yourself Perplexed.
VooDooN9NLU
Audio Head

Sooo.. I gots me this stuffz....

Post by VooDooN9NLU »

My current setup is this... and its working nicely...
Listed in the order of the audio chain:

Heil Gold line GM-5 on the wide setting
Art TPS preamp
Aphex 204 Arual Exciter with optical big bottom
DOD SR431Qx equalizer
Behringer Virtualizer Pro (for some schnits n giggles effects)
Behringer UB802 mixer
Audio is directly fed into the balanced modulator on an Icon IC-7000
No processing is done in the radio. Compressor is off.

Also connected to the mixer is a Linux computer with JAAA running as the audio spectrum analyzer.

Everything is fed with xlr cables , the cables on the device input end has .01uf disk capacitors going from 1-3 , 1-2 & 2-3. The cables also have a ferrite core just before the input connector. All the devices in the rack are grounded to a single point ground which all my radio gear is also attached to (using flat braid)

My transmitted audio is clean and full even with the bandwidth limitation of the Icom. Reports from people say that my audio is the best they have heard from a 7000.

I just picked up two more pieces of equipment and could use a couple pointers.

I picked up a Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro DSP1124P and a Behringer Multi com Pro XL MDX4600.

The Feedback destroyer would go right after the preamp however I'm finding mixed information on where to put the multi-com .... I also could use some basic setting to get started with.... there is a Gawd awful lot of knobs and buttons. Maybe a little detail on what those settings do would be bennificial also... to better understand what this stuff is doing.

I can be found on 3.850 nightly... I would pop in on the voodoo frequency, but that is outside my privileges.

Thanks

Dave / N9NLU
Kewaskum, WI