help with equipment

Hookin up those Audio Boxes without gettin yourself Perplexed.
steve g3agw
Audio Head

help with equipment

Post by steve g3agw »

Hello everybody i am new to this part of the hobby , i have brought some equipment as a bulk purchase , i will list the items :-

1) Behringer c1 microphone
2) Behringer ub802 mixer
3) Behringer powerplay plus
4) Behringer composer
5) Behringer feedback destroyer DSP-1100
6) DOD sr231 Graphic equalizer
7) Lexicon Alex digital effects processor

I would like to know the best way of connecting the items together and the best way to connect to my radios the radios i have in mind for connection are a little old but i do like them.

1) Kenwood TS-850sat
2_ Yaesu FT-736r
3)Icom IC-1271

I think i will have to make some kind of attenuation box to reduce the level from the audio gear to the input of radio ??? any ideas. I have seen a home made useing a 600 ohm isolation trasformer and resisters..?

I look farward to some help and place my thanks inadvance

Steve

M0AOV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by M0AOV »

Hi Steve

Hopefully one of the VooDoo Guy's who know how the best way to connect your Audio gear together will reply with some help when they get time. I know I said this is the best site for that info which it is and some one will reply as soon as they all come back after there holiday's.

Keep looking on the other Topics to see if you see some of your equipment and how they connected them together and then go from there.

The link I sent you for the Rolls DB25 should be ok and if I can help in any other way just E-mail.

Also have a look at this group they all help http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ssbaudio/

Rob

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Steve,

Sorry for the long delay in answering your post.
Sounds like you got a pretty different mix of equipment there.
We would try it out in this configuration first...

2) Behringer ub802 mixer as a Mic Preamp
3) Behringer feedback destroyer DSP-1100 for the Parametric EQ
4) Behringer composer for dynamic control (compression)
5) Lexicon Alex digital effects processor set on Vocal Plating

Not sure what the Behringer powerplay plus is, ran a Google search and didn't find anything with a "Plus" on it. What is the Model #?

You really don't need the DOD SR231 Graphic EQ as the DSP1100 Parametric EQ will do everything you need in the EQ department allot better.

We don't know anything about Icom or the Yeasu FT736r, but the TS.850 should be able to do you a fine job by going into the Mic input through a Line to Mic Level transformer like the W2IHY I-Box or something similar.

This should get you started until you learn more to fine tune your set up.
Have Fun!!
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

steve g3agw
Audio Head

Thanks

Post by steve g3agw »

Thank you for your reply i have been busy making all the leads and switching arrangements , so i will be connecting up and trying soon. I will post a reply on my outcome , also a big thank you to dave M0aov

steve g3agw
Audio Head

Name correction

Post by steve g3agw »

Sorry Rob , i called you dave , oops been working just too hard :twisted:

steve g3agw
Audio Head

Update of equipment

Post by steve g3agw »

Hello All , i have a update of equipment and also a correction to a mistake i made on the original posting.

Mike Behringer c1
mixer Behringer ub802
Behringer feedback destroyer (DSP-1100)
Behringer composer (MDX-2100)
behringer powerplay pro (HA-4400)
Behringer virtulizer pro (DSP-1000P).

So just one question do you think it is a good idea to connect from the Ub-802 mixer via the FX-send then go through the behringer equipment and return to the mixer via the Aux return . (or) just leave the ub-802 via the main out on say the left and connect the equipment up the , through the di box to the radio ????

I am sorry to sound stupid but as i said i am really new to this kind of thing ????

Thanks Steve

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Steve,

The Behringer Powerplay Pro will not add anything to the mix for Transmit in this case due to it being a headphone amplifier/distribution unit.

So were back to the suggested line up of:

2) Behringer ub802 mixer as a Mic Preamp
3) Behringer feedback destroyer DSP-1100 for the Parametric EQ
4) Behringer composer for dynamic control (compression)
5) Lexicon Alex digital effects processor set on Vocal Plating
6) Line to Mic Level transformer

do you think it is a good idea to connect from the Ub-802 mixer via the FX-send then go through the behringer equipment and return to the mixer via the Aux return . (or) just leave the ub-802 via the main out on say the left and connect the equipment up the , through the di box to the radio ????
You want to try and keep everything Balanced XLR up to the point of the Line to Mic Level transformer, DI box, or whatever your going to use to interface with the rig. So it would be best to just use the Main Left Channel Output.

Another reason for this is that you would never be able to reduce the level enough to go into the Mic Input of the rig just using the mixer. You would more then likely be attenuating it all the way with it being just one click up and then the gain will be too much. You wouldn't have any adjustment.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

steve g3agw
Audio Head

Thanks

Post by steve g3agw »

Thanks for getting back to me realy fast , i will connect up the item as you have said , and will indeed use the output from the UB802 and go into the Behringer line up as you have suggested , Thank you so much for the help , and i cant wait to start using the equipment.

Just waiting to get the tower up again and then i will be enjoying so nice dx and hopefully good audio reports

Cheers Steve
Poor is the man , whose pleasures depend on the permission of another

steve g3agw
Audio Head

Post by steve g3agw »

Hello , please could anybody tell me if i can down load the dsp 1000p editor , for my virtulizer pro processor ???? . I am having problems finding softwear even from behringer site. Thaanks Steve
Poor is the man , whose pleasures depend on the permission of another