eq

Hookin up those Audio Boxes without gettin yourself Perplexed.
Dave457
Voodoo Audio Head

eq

Post by Dave457 »

Hello VooDoo Guru

I was looking at your audio chain and was wondering
what is the purpose of putting ch.1 into ch.2 of your classic70 eq?
Just trying to learn

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Dave,

The Classic 70 is a 2 Channel EQ as you have noticed, but there are only 4 Audio Filters per channel to adjust your audio. By "daisy chaining" Channel 1 into Channel 2, this will give you 8 Filters to play Audio with.

Most Analog EQ's only have about 4 Audio Filters per channel whereas the Digital Units usually have allot more to play with, usually 10 or more.

More is not necessarily better in this case. With EQ'ing, less is actually better. You can usually get your Audio to sound stupendous with just 8 Filters, We only use 6 of them for eSSB and 8 for AM.

Ohhh..... and not to mention we think that Analog sounds so much smoother then the Digiwigi units. :yawinkle:
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

Dave457
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by Dave457 »

Thanks for the info, I use a Speck Ele. ASC 4 band para. It only has one ch. but sounds fantastic. Surgical-percise-No mojo/color.
So you find useing am channels you need more eqing?
Also I agree.....Anolog Baby Anolog :-)

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

For AM, the Bass usually needs to be reduced and the high frequencies usually need a little pre-emphasis.

The same exact Filter profile is used for AM as is for eSSB plus the addition of 2 more filters...

The low frequency fundamental is cut with about -10dB at about 2 octaves, and a high frequency pre-emphasis is added to the highs.
Other then that all the filters are the same as for eSSB.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm