behringer ex3200

Hookin up those Audio Boxes without gettin yourself Perplexed.
JAMES SOTO
Audio Head

behringer ex3200

Post by JAMES SOTO »

Hello to all. actually i have the following equipment connected. iam starting from de radio up.
ft920 , mixer , equalizer , 2024 virtualizer. i just got a ex3200 and i will like to know in between which piece of equipment should i connect it. thanks for any advice.. kp2bh us virgin islands. jimmy :lol:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Howdy!!!

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Jimmy!!

How ya are?
Welcome to the Voodoo Forum, glad to have you here.

WE can tell you where we usually put ours, but it is different for everybody.
We like to put the 3200 after the EQ (and before the compressor, in our case).

We see you have the Virtualizer.
You might try putting that just before the mixer as the last effects device in the rack.
Reason being is that you really don't want anything else to reprocess the effects tail the Virtualizer puts in the mix.

so our suggestion would be as follows (in your order)...

ft920. 2024 Virtualizer, ex3200, equalizer, ...

try that and see how you like the sound.

what kind of EQ and Preamp do you have?
and what kind of Mic?
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

JAMES SOTO
Audio Head

Post by JAMES SOTO »

hi mike, tnxs fer the quick response to my question. i just start with the vodooo audio ,hi hi . the microphone is a marshall v990 no preamp as yet.the equalizer is the behringer 1502 and the mixer is the ub802.with what i have sound real difference from b4 (way better),so little by little i will improve.and tnx's fer the advice.... de jimmy kp2bh ..st croix usvi.

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Hello Jimmy, [again] welcome to the VooDoo Lounge.

My 3200 is inserted after the compressor/limiter before the 9024 ULTRA-DYNE.

Would be great to hear what the outcome is with your new configuration. Just remember to try different configs to find what sounds best for you.

BTW, I'm orginally from the Christansted and used to live in Estate ST. John [near Princess]. And went to Central High before moving to NYC iin '88. Great to see the cruzian interest in VooDoo Audio. :wink:

Also, we usually hear the Virgin Islands on 17M and 20M in the evenings. Try catching VooDoo on 18130, 14178 or 14168 during that time. And we look forward to reading more of your input in the future here in the VooDoo Lounge. 8)

JAMES SOTO
Audio Head

Post by JAMES SOTO »

HEY..nice to meet a crucian in tha voodoo ....hi hi .i live in st croix for the past 30 yrs,my family by father site is from hear (ESTATE WHIM).as soon i receive the 3200 ill be playing with it. i talk a ;ot with n3gx,alex. i look for i u ..araund..take care de jimmy ...kp2bh :D

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Now there's a name of a place I haven't heard in years, Whim....wow.

Anyway, I can only imagine the audio mayhem to be had if Alex is there..OMG!!! :shock: I last spoke to Alex on August 26 on 17M--he still has "that sound" for all these years.

Look for you sometime Jim.