Connecting Audio Gear

Hookin up those Audio Boxes without gettin yourself Perplexed.

Connecting Audio Gear

Post by Newbie »

My apologies if this question sounds ignorant, but I am new to this.

I have all Behringer equiptment, mic2200, deq2496, rev2496,
ultraflex pro enhancer, and ultralink pro MX882 mixer. I would like to chain the equiptment together into my TS-850 SAT, my question is in what equiptment order would be best? Also do I need anthing besides direct cabling? I have bought Live Wire, balanced TRS 1/4" to XLR (F) interconnect cables. I will be using the "I-box" to interface to the transmitter.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Chris

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Not a Problem

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Chris,
Welcome to the VooDoo Forum!

Sounds like you got some great equipment there.. We've had all the pieces you've listed, except the REV2496.

This is the order we'd put them in:

1) Mic

2) Left channel of the MIC2200

3) Left Channel of the DEQ2496 using the Parametric EQ (PEQ), and the Downward Expander

4) EX3200 Ultrafex Pro using both channels as described on this website. goto the "Rack" page under EX3200.

5) Right Channel of the DEQ2496 using the Compressor.

6) Left Channel of the REV2496

7) Mixer MX882

8 ) I-Box

9) TS-850

Best to use Balanced cables all the way thru except for the one Unbalanced cable on the EX3200 as per the mod.
Of course you'll then have to set all the units up.
Have Fun!!!!!!
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

dg7lan
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by dg7lan »

... and don´t forget to tell us how it sounds then!
...if in doubt, increase bandwidth

Connecting Audio Gear

Post by Newbie »

Excellent! Thank You! Im sure I will run into a snag, I will keep you posted.

Chris

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Mike has pretty much answered your question--leaving me with nothing to add :cry: --except.....be sure to use quality cable. StarQuad cable is what I would recommend. If you would rather not make your own interconnection cables then take a look at Moster Cable or Canare.

**It's much cheaper to make your own cable by just buying your XLR shells (connectors) and cable--yeah, it's more work, but it's no only cheaper but brings about that sense of accomplishment when it all works great in the end :wink: **

Oh yeah....welcome to da VooDoo "Lounge"..... 8)

Live Wire

Post by Newbie »

Thanks for the cable advice KANT,

I had already picked up Live Wire, it has a life time replacemnt warrenty? Im sure that dont mean a hell of beans, LOL. I will give then a try.

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Ok, good luck....let us know how you make out. :wink:

Left Channel

Post by Newbie »

Hey Voodoo Guru or anyone else who may have the answer!

Question for ya? Following the chronological and numerical wiring order as you specified, I notice that I dont see a "Left Channel" on the MIC2200 or EX3200. I see a " channel 1" and "channel 2", can I assume that "channel 2" is the "Left Channel"?

Also, when I get to the final MX882 Mixer there is a whole slew of rascals to plug into such as, "main" and "channel" 1-2-3 etc. Do I stick with the "left channel" squence from the "left channel out" of the REV2496 to the "left main in" of the MX882 or the "left channel #"? Or does is matter?

thanks again for the assistance Gents...... and just think, I havent got to the programming yet! I know what your thinking, maybe if we ignore him he'll go away!

Chris

dg7lan
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by dg7lan »

ey chris, stay calm, don´t panic

just set it up as you like, when i think of the left channel i always use channel 1, but thats how you like to assign it. i recommend you to make a decision and keep that through your whole setup though

hope this will help or maybe i got the question wrong..

who cares.. i´m still sleeping anyway..

l8ter,
andy
...if in doubt, increase bandwidth

Left Channel

Post by Newbie »

Ok thanx Andy,

I notice your from Germany, so are my folks. My father was born there and my Grandmother still does. She stays in DÜssedorf. Its been 13 years since ive been there last. Ok back to trying to figure this cable sequence stuff out. See ya!

Chris