am i on the right track/help wanted

Hookin up those Audio Boxes without gettin yourself Perplexed.
tadg
Audio Head

am i on the right track/help wanted

Post by tadg »

hi all. im new to essb audio, but have been a long time rx, of this fine audio, it was bill w2onv(god bless him) that got me into it, after spending a lot of time on 14.178 just rx, so i thought it was about time i had a go at it, here in the uk, essb audio is like the black death, with old stick in the mud opps, going on about bottom end and band width, etc etc, i have been getting bits and bobs for the audio over the last year or so, and i need to know what eles i should get,or need to start a basc audio set up, i also want to do this wright, so i can give it to the old farts here in the uk, so with your help i know i can get on the right track, so far i have
ts-870s
behringer
eurorack mx-1604a mixer
virtualizer pro-dsp-1000p
feedback destroyer-dsp-1100
composer pro-mdx-2200
ultragain pro-mic 2200
ultragraph pro graphic-fbq 3102

mics, mxl 2001 and mxl 2006
and for the rx side i have
kenwood 7090r amp
kenwood dm-3090 minidisc recorder.
so can any one tell me if im on the right track? should i be looking at other bits and bobs to add to this? sould i change any of this?,
all leads are double sheiled and are as short as possible, i have also not connected the earth from the mains socket, and will ground all units to sepret ground spikes, also what is the right way to run these untis, ie what goes frist in the chain? thanks a lot for any help giving, tadg

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy Tadg,
Welcome to the Forum!!

Wow, sounds like you have accumulated a lot of good pieces.
You should be able to get a respectable sound from all the items you've mentioned.

As far as the setup and order, if you scan the past posts on this forum you will find allot of similar equipment line ups. There are also some starting settings given that would also apply.

We'll give you the order how we'd hook them up first.

MXL 2006 (we'd try this mic first)
Ultragain Pro 2200 (Mic Preamp)
Feedback Destroyer - DSP1100 (Parametric EQ'ing)
Composer Pro - MDX2200 (for Compression, sibulance and Tearing)
Virtualizer Pro - DSP-1000p (for plating effects)
Eurorack MX-1604a mixer (to interface with the 870)
TS-870s

We wouldn't use the ultragraph pro graphic-fbq 3102 since you have the DSP1100. The Parametric is far superior to the graphic EQ.

Hope this Helps,
Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm