Using online SDR to hear your audio! Any suggestions?

All the other Voodoo Audio Topics.
JJ2013
Voodoo Audiophile

Using online SDR to hear your audio! Any suggestions?

Post by JJ2013 »

Hi y'all AudioHeads, AudioPhiles and VooDoo Gurus!!

Someone told me that it may be a good idea to listen to yourself using receivers (Software Defined Radios) that are currently online. www.sdr-radio.com is the web site that I was directed to, but I am having trouble getting set up due to security issues. I tried allowing the aforemenionted web site defining it as "Safe site" under Explorer settings, but I still can't make the online SDRs work : ((

Anyone else has recommendations for web sites that allow one to listen to one's audio in real-time using software defined radios.

I know that some of you may gasp at the mention of SDR, however I also believe that these radios may at least provide some indication/ball-park as how you sound.

Sure would like to get some thoughts and links to other sites! :)

Cheers!!

JJ

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy JJ,

You have to go into your "Configure JAVA" selection under your JAVA in the Program List of your Start Menu and bring up the JAVA Control Panel.

Then select the SECURITY tab and select "Edit Exception Site List"

Click the "ADD" button then type in the IP Address of the SDR Webpage, then hit "ADD" again. Click OK on the warning message that appears, then OK to back out of the Control Panel.

You should be able to refresh the SDR Receiver webpage and the Receiver should start working.

You will have to do this for every SDR Site.

Have Fun!
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

JJ2013
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by JJ2013 »

Hey VooDoo Guru!!

Well, that figures, JAVA is what I should've looked at rather than the web search engine :roll:

Would you have any sites that come to mind?

Thanks again!

Cheers!

JJ

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Or you can spend a little cash for an SDRplay ($149) and HDSDR (FREE), install on a computer, connect a little rinky-dinky indoor antenna, TX at low power into a Dummy Load and listen to YOUR audio over the receiver. Sure there is a minor delay (of about 0.5 seconds), but you can listen ANYWHERE you transmit. Aaaaaaaaaand at ANY bandwidth between 0Hz well-past 6kHz.

[I'm quite happy I made the purchase for one since it now also serves as SECOND receiver. Listening to Tyler, Duke and the others with it is simply awesome. And the "Point n Click" feature of SDR's has spoiled me LOL!!]