TEN TEC JUPITER 538 Has Anybody voodoo'ed this Radio?

All the other Voodoo Audio Topics.
mrnice
Audio Head

TEN TEC JUPITER 538 Has Anybody voodoo'ed this Radio?

Post by mrnice »

Has anybody here used this radio in the essb mode? I am very curious. I am getting one in about a week from now. If so how did you find this radio operating in the essb mode? Is a really good performer? And is a good choice for essb audio? Thanks alot for your opinion. :lol:
" the hoodoo when you voodoo" feel it!

KC7OV
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by KC7OV »

According to the NU9N website,4k transmit,5k receive.I have not heard one using "rack gear" but have read that this radio suffers RFI issues(earlier units with the green screen).Hope you do not encounter the same.Tell us when you get it how it is working for you.73
Mike KC7OV

mrnice
Audio Head

Post by mrnice »

Hey! Thanks alot it has black case and green screen. I think i'll pass on the ten tec jupiter. I will take acloser look. I believe it's a black case but green screen. Maybe they changed the case? Ummm. Ok thanks alot
" the hoodoo when you voodoo" feel it!

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

The Jupiter did yield good results for eSSB--I had one and enjoyed for a couple months before trading for a 756PRO back in 2002. They were prone to RFI issues and Digital "FUZZ", but this was due to POOR GROUNDING on the internal components. TX 70Hz - 4kHz with a very acceptable wide bandwidth receiver is no slouch. If I had the [proper] opportunity to have one in my shack/studio/cave I would and put it thru it's rightful paces.