Hello

All the other Voodoo Audio Topics.
N3QAM
Audio Head

Hello

Post by N3QAM »

I recently picked up a TS-850 ( minus the dsp100 :( )

and being a club DJ in a past life , I had some non used rack equip laying around and would like to give this a try.

In the rack is

MIC 2200
DBX 231 EQ
EX3200
MDX2600
DBX 166XL

I just picked up a Ultra DI for line to mic to line att
and a mxl 990 with a boom.

Now being I do NOT have a dsp100 yet , what is the most beneficial way to feed the animal. Should I deal with the front panel for now or use acc 2 ?

Also interfacing the eq , It does not have side chain option , will it hurt it to feed it in series ? I thought about side chaining the ex3200 to one of the compressors but reading the mod for it , i do not think it is an option that way unless I am missing something ..

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy N3QAM,
It sounds like you got the start of a very nice system.
The best way to inject the audio would be to use the front mic jack until you can find a DSP-100. You could try the ACC2, but I believe there are some capacitors in line that may roll off the low frequencies.
The series connection is basically what everyone uses. Side chaining is a little more advanced and not many people are playing with that.
Good Luck and let use know how everything plays!
Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

YO3IBW
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by YO3IBW »

I have the-same TS850s without the DSP100 (unfortunately is hard to find such a device).
I took look on the TS850s schematic on the ACC2 input used mostly for digital applications and the front connector dedicated for microphone input.
I assure you there is not any difference. Each input goes into a small preamp with one transistor and then they connect in the-same point. There aren't any difference in the values of capacitors on that area no matter what input are you using.
Until I find a DSP100 I'll remain on the default front mike input. :wink:
73 de Dan YO3IBW
http://www.buz.ro

N3QAM
Audio Head

Post by N3QAM »

Thanks for the replies. I spent the evening last night soldering up my xlr jumpers and had about 5 minutes play with it ...... One problem I see that I will have , is the ultra DI box runs on a 9v or phantom. Being it is last in the chain , the phantom power from the tube pre-amp does not pass through all the devices. I can see forgetting to turn off the box and killing 9v batteries once a week .

I have a euro rack on the way to place in before the rig , so I can mix between the rack audio and the mc60 mic. I am hoping that when I put the mixer inline , the phantom power will power my DI box at the end of the chain and save me some batteries.....

Hopefully I get more time tonight to tweak on the monitors , before I get on the air.

I have to get a demod and and borrow a scope to make sure I am not doing the 11 meter 6 band plater :)

I must say , all the bouncing VU led's look cool .... hahahaha

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Ohhhh yeaaaa Maaan!!!

The Blinky Lights are way COOOOOL!
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

YO3IBW
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by YO3IBW »

Nice Christmas three ah? :lol: Bling bling bling...
73 de Dan YO3IBW
http://www.buz.ro