The ts-950vmsdx gift !

Other Equipment Topics fer Yakin 'bout.
w5kai
Voodoo Audio Head

The ts-950vmsdx gift !

Post by w5kai »

Hello to all Voo Doo r's
Some people might call this a review,others may call it a redneck word salad. But I'm gonna share it with ya anyway!
I was a proud ts-870 owner for 12 years. I listened to nu9n on his ts-850 with the dsp100 and loved what I heard. But w5udx said keep work'n with the 870 it will be fine! So I did. And it was. I can't even begin to talk about the rack pieces put into play and disregarded over the years, so we'll just stick to radios. As the years passed w5udx moved on to the Ts-950vmsdx and started talk'n about sub harmoics, silky smooth low end and almost exactly were he was hear'n crap on my highend, if I'm not mistaken I was the founder of the 870 splat. But I loved my 870.
Sometime later I started talk'n to wz5q , who also had THAT SOUND of the vmsdx. Now this Dude and udx are going on and on about Sub harmonics, Smoother lowend,crisp clean highend and how the freqs. all balanced. They were make'n so slight changes to the audio path and say'n what a big difference it made, but sorry guys but I didn't hear it.
W5udx,wz5q and now w5nvi were spenting a lot of time play'n audio with me on the 870. And yes they got it sounding the best it ever sounded, I heard that crap every night for years but couldn't hear the it differ much from one night to the next on my monitor. Then I always needed to move up 4 or 5 hzs to get on the same freq as them,WHAT 4 hzs come on Man. I'm think'n Man they pickey ,Hell I must be deaf. These guys can make a 1 db change on a freq or move the freq setting over 5 hzs or move the octave a smigg'n and make a change in the audio that sound better,and I can't hear it on them or myself. I'm thinking these guys are just gifted.
I found the gift and they weren't born with all of it. On April 05 2012 I got one of them ts-950vmsdx certified #24 contraptions. Dude, after listening to the monitor and receive of this radio, all else fails period.
Now, I do hear the sub hormonics, I do hear the freq separation,I do hear the balance, I do hear if we're not exactly on the same freq, I hear it on me and I hear it on you, I do I do I do.
The ability to recieve and record and playback in the wide glide mode and have the responces of everyone one on the freq say it's the best record playback they ever heard bar non and to hear them all tell ole Joe to shit can all the flex 5000 playbacks is priceless!
I don't need to go into the mods done one this fine radio, Not that I could, but they all be right here on the website,I'm sure you've read them.
Now, I know what all the 870 owners are think'n, It can't be that big a difference. Well I thought that for years, I was wrong!
If you've been searching for many years for the VooDoo gift I'll let you in on a well know fact that John nu9n said years ago. Your weakest link is the transciever. I have found out how true that is.
Sorry for the lack of technical vocabulary to review this fine radio but I'll leave that to the Guru.
I just Love the damn thang!
VMSDX # 24
Special Zombie Edition