Which ONE??....

The Secret Weapon?
!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Which ONE??....

Post by !KANT »

Now let's say someone has reached that point of "I'm Ready...Now What??" stage. Heart-set on a silky-smooth-harmonic-warm tube sound, the question is, which of these pieces is the most important [or most recommended] to achieve "that SOUND"....the Bellari RP220, RP503 or the Bellari RP533??

Also, will there be any tonal improvement with any of these [stock] processors [without rolling] over a 100% solid state setup?? And do I have incorporate every piece to achieve this???

:wink:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

ahhhhh....Bellari!!

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Out of the Bellari lineup, If we had to pick just one...it would most definitely be the....

Bellari RP-533.

We would stay away from the RP503 completely.
For Preamps, the RP-520 is way better than the RP-220.

And a most definitely "YES" on the tonal improvement with the rest of your solid state equipment....not to mention the Harmonix!

No, not every piece. We did it because we like the equipment, and wanted to go mostly all tube and analog.
There is nothing like the High Plate Voltage on a Tube for that silky-smooth-harmonic-warm tube sound.
Absolutely....No.....Substitute......
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Well, that's all good news. BUT, do I really have to roll the tubes?? Also, what pieces of gear would the 533 replace??? Or would my best bet be to keep what I have [inline] now and just add the 533??

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Tube Rollin fun

Post by Voodoo Guru »

No, you will get good effect with the tubes the units come with. There will be a noticeable difference.
You can always change them later.

Not knowing what your equipment line up is....Really, it will replace nothing. We would put it directly after your mic pre and downward expander if your using one. if not, or if its incorporated in another unit, put the 533 directly behind the mic pre.

Use the compressor as a tone control, and to add some smoothness, use the Exiter to add some HarmonicX.
Like We said, you can always roll the tubes later to add more Jazzy Harmonix.
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

You seem to be reading mind.... :wink: I was going to ask where in the chain would the 533 be placed. Thank you for the help.

:wink: