Sold OUT....

The Secret Weapon?
!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Sold OUT....

Post by !KANT »

Well I've been looking for the RP-562.....but sadly it's discontinued... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: --guess the EX3200 or T1954 is next.... :roll:

And Full Compass is also SOLD OUT of the RP-533's....oh well...--wasn't time for me to have one [yet]. :wink:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

8th Street Music has 'em.

Post by Voodoo Guru »

We think you would be happier with the EX3200 anyway.
and definitely happier with the RP-533.
We actually run all three of them. The EX3200 adds the Sub-Harmonics.
The RP-562 is a crotchety, finicky bastard that is difficult to tweak. But when you get the combination down, it is awesome.

8th Street Music has the Bellari RP-533 for sale. $499.00.
http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?Pr ... Processors
We got ours off of epay for around $300.00.

We've never played with the T1954. We hear it is powerful and would like to play with one.

What we REALLY want is the Eventide Orville Harmonizer.......Damn, this thing is the ULTIMATE of Ultimate processors.
http://www.eventide.com/profaud/orvillebro.htm
It has some new technology called "Ultrashifter" that uses a real-time adaptive resynthesis technique throughout its full four-octave range. It is a state of the art Pitch-shifter/harmonizer.
Talk about some Incredible VooDoo Audio!!!

But us poor southern rednecks can only dream.......
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

The DSP7500 looksweet too--I just love seeing a nice alphanumberic display. But I'm lookin' at the list price and now proceeding to turn the page. As for the 533, the lowest I've found is $479...and I'm still searchin' 'Bay--that's right lookin' for a real deal. :roll: [Maybe in a few weeks or whenever I lose patience I'll break and spit for a new one].

I'm actually a little torn between the '3200 and 1954--I'll decide by tomorrow. BTW, any thoughts of a possiblity of replacing the 12AX7's in the '1954?? :?:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

T-1954 Tubeage

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Hmmmm......

Well, we had a Padnah that changed the 12AX7's to RCA Command 5751's in his Behringer T-1953 Tube Preamp.
To our surprise, there WAS a pleasing difference in the Tone.
Why were we surprised?
Because the Behringer Units don't use a very high plate voltage on there tubes. Think it is around 50 volts.
So there is a benefit to "Tube Rolling" in the Behringer units. This Tonal difference will not be as pronounced as it would be in a high voltage unit.
Also, you must remember that if you use an RE-20, they need a good preamp to bring the audio up to line level. If you change the Tubes out to 5751's, which is a lower gain tube then the 12AX7, you will loose some preamplifier gain, but you will increase the Tonal/Harmonic content of the Audio. We can live with that!!
So, with the above mentioned in mind, we think "Tube Rolling" on the T-1954 could be a great benefit. We think you should try some lower cost GE 5 Star 5751 Triple Mica Grey Plates first, due to the ever increasing price and limited availability of the RCA Commands.

Aaaaaahhhhhh....the Sweet Haunting Melodeous Sounds of Ancient Tubeage.........
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Kewlness....but I just ordered a EX3200 [knew I shoulda read for updates on the thread beofre picking up the phone--I'll get a '1954 in a few weeks just to "Roll the Tube" and experiment with it :wink: I'll try to get a hold of the schem of the 1954 to take a look at it....50v huh???....hmmmmm.... The Commanders are a little ellusive, but they can be had. Another piece I was looking at is the Focusrite Voicemaster Pro--have to do more research on it. Thanks for the info.... :wink:

You know, in your previous post I thought you were referring to the Eventide Ultra Harmonizer [ :oops: ]. Now that I've checked out the Orville.....OMG!!!! :shock:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

The Ultimate VooDoo

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Yea, the Orville would be the Cat's Ass!
Talk about VOODOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Voodoo Guru