More and More...

Why are so many Amateur Radio Operators so Scared of Running Low Frequencies in there Audio?
!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

More and More...

Post by !KANT »

More and more amateurs sounding better (with more low end and fullness in their audio). But now the dissertation is, "I don't need all that expensive rack gear to sound just as good as those guys".

Really..???!! Interesting to hear one of these operators champion himself for NOT needing any rack gear, BUT uses a $500+ CONDENSER microphone. [Sure, NO rack gear...but just how are ya powering the mic??]--LOL!!

It is true though that full audio sound is becoming the norm for casual QSO's. And I'm enjoying this much more than the usual narrow earbleed audio--pileups don't count. Next time you hear some comfortable audi, pay that operator a compliment, he's finally HEARD the light...

N2QN

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

We have to agree with you !kant,
the airways are allot more pleasing to spin your VFO thru these days. What we find ironic is that allot of the audioheads you hear now are the scoffers of yesteryear that where so against having anything other then an 'Ice Pick in the Ear' sounding microphone.
NOT that we're am complaining, but it is so refreshing to see people taking an interest in how they sound over the airways.

Take Care,
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

SawzAll
Voodoo Audiophile

Post by SawzAll »

If all they are starting to use at this point is a pro mic and a decent preamp, isn't that 90% of the process? At least that much got thru. If nothing else, it is easier on the ears and shows the radio hobby is moving forward. It might happen more often now that more people can begin to appreciate what they hear and how easy it is to do.

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Of course, the strength of their support is a welcome, even if it's just a mic and preamp. At times I just sit and listen to some swapping microphones and hunting for audio reports. I still hear guys helping each other over the air--"no, add a little more bass.."

**Today on 17M, pile up on Ireland station, threw call in a few times, he comes back, loves signals and "audio sounds very...something going on there...studio, broadcast..." Just had to jump in since he was telling guys their audio was "excellent"...[ieyeeeeeaaaaa]

THEMANFROMWEM
Audio Head

Post by THEMANFROMWEM »

!KANT wrote:Of course, the strength of their support is a welcome, even if it's just a mic and preamp. At times I just sit and listen to some swapping microphones and hunting for audio reports. I still hear guys helping each other over the air--"no, add a little more bass.."

**Today on 17M, pile up on Ireland station, threw call in a few times, he comes back, loves signals and "audio sounds very...something going on there...studio, broadcast..." Just had to jump in since he was telling guys their audio was "excellent"...[ieyeeeeeaaaaa]
Tere's nothing wrong with good audio, whether it be rack,
or in my case the Behringer 800 series.
I use both , depending on the application.

As a plus.obviously I can work Ireland , whether its on UHF/VHF or HF, and I know a lot of hams are turning to "better" audio.

My point(s) is/are :

1. you don't have to spend a fortune to get "decent" audi.
2. Is/are behringer 800 mini series anathema on these pages ?
3. The ultimate bandwith is limited by the transmitter,
none of the lads i've spoken to , cant hear a spit of difference between my rack gear, and my mini gear,

good forum,
Howard UK IO82PU

2e0pup
Voodoo Audio Head

Post by 2e0pup »

THEMANFROMWEM wrote:
!KANT wrote:Of course, the strength of their support is a welcome, even if it's just a mic and preamp. At times I just sit and listen to some swapping microphones and hunting for audio reports. I still hear guys helping each other over the air--"no, add a little more bass.."

Tere's nothing wrong with good audio, whether it be rack,
or in my case the Behringer 800 series.
I use both , depending on the application.

As a plus.obviously I can work Ireland , whether its on UHF/VHF or HF, and I know a lot of hams are turning to "better" audio.

My point(s) is/are :

1. you don't have to spend a fortune to get "decent" audi.
2. Is/are behringer 800 mini series anathema on these pages ?
3. The ultimate bandwith is limited by the transmitter,
none of the lads i've spoken to , cant hear a spit of difference between my rack gear, and my mini gear,good forum,
Howard UK IO82PU

What are they listening on howard ?

THEMANFROMWEM
Audio Head

Post by THEMANFROMWEM »

Hello David,
they are listening on the Ultimate Receiver, their ears !!!!! haha....
btw , this forums a bit slow, never mind,,,,,,,,
merry xmas from shropshire...
let me know how you get on with your gear as i have
mega bits of surplus Behringer gear going cheap !!!!!!!!!!!

whoop - de - doooo,
~Howard