Papa's got a brand new bag,, of goodies,, your thoughts?

Why are so many Amateur Radio Operators so Scared of Running Low Frequencies in there Audio?
CraigN7CAL
VooDoo Audio Crew

Papa's got a brand new bag,, of goodies,, your thoughts?

Post by CraigN7CAL »

Ok so,, I started in earnest to get a little Voodoo Mojo goin, Now there is a whole new approach and I want to hear the thoughts of Da crue.

New setup:

Yaewood 1000 MK V
Voodoo Modded TC electronics Trip C
VX 2000
DSP 1124
PEQ 2200
EX 3200
DSP 2024

Still have the MXL 990 Which will have to be replaced and I have to get a Bellari 533,,

Need to figure out the best configuration of the rack sequence and then I will have to start testing settings for 6K.... So,, If you have an idea how best to line it all up,, let me know men..

Thunda frumunda
A multi-syllabic individual with a linguistic capability that far surpasses the guttural utterances of normal men

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

VOOOOOOOOODoooooooooo!!!!

Great on the new acquisitions Craig.
Your going to sound Awesome!

We would start out like this on the order:

MXL990 (of course)
VX2000 for the Preamp and Downward Expansion only.
DSP1124 for the EQ
EX3200 for the harmonix
Triple C for the compression
DSP2024 for the wetness and air

That should get you going on the right Voodoo path.
As far as the PEQ220, its really not necessary unless you want it in line after the DSP1124 for some gain control.
We wouldn't use any of the filters as the DSP1124 should be able to take care of all the EQ functions.

There are many configurations and ordering possible of course.
This is just the first to come to mind.
Have Fun!
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

1KMKV--you're gonna love that piece all it's own. Might be able to even push her to 7KHz if you felt it necessary. The configuration suggested is pretty standard and will probably yield the greatest results, but experiment, ya never know. As for the RP533 waste no haste in acquiring one--that's where VooDooism will truly be harnessed. Keep us posted sir.

OZMan

CraigN7CAL
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by CraigN7CAL »

The OZ MAN cometh,, and its about time. As God as my witness I was logging on to the site to post a shout out/Call out to get you out into the open man. I recall a post in which you suggested that I be the ESSB bullhorn, so I was going to use my Bullhorny Pulpit to implore you to pump it up and start putting out the vibe again.

and you are right,, the 533 is next.. it is a must!!!!!!!!!! as well as a mic, i have this MXL 990 and all I can say is ,, it does pick up the vocal emanations and produce a fair replica of ones syllabic endeavor,, but thats is,, other than that,, SUCKAGE of the first order,, This,, to those who have used the MXL 990 to a more than adequate level, such as yourself may be a slight. Uhhhh ,, yeah! No shittery!

Anyway OZ Man,, short of a bounty,, what will it take to get you and your 5 dollar mic to reverberate?

See ya,,
A multi-syllabic individual with a linguistic capability that far surpasses the guttural utterances of normal men