resonateing certiain frequncenys

The Black Art of tweaking the Voo in the Doo...
skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

resonateing certiain frequncenys

Post by skullman »

Ok question today is has anyone got a method to get certian freqs to resonate with each other, as an example say 160hz-320 :arrow: :cry: hz-400hz to get these 3 freq to be resonat with each other to really sound great ...I know some say just start turning the knobs till they sound good ive done that,eddie w5nvi told me several times that i sound really good but it would be even better if i could get my 3 lower freqs to resonate with each other,well ive done alot of reading and searching on this matter and cant find a clevver way to do this sooooo anyone have any ideas or input that would be great thanks vmsdx #20 jon...
may you always have what you want but never want for anything,does that make sence???

w5cul
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by w5cul »

Hmmmm.....tell Eddie to move his cans 5 degrees counter clockwise, with a tilt angle of 11 degrees and they should resonate just fine in his head :D
W5CUL

Live from the Texas Hill Country......VMSDX# 21

skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by skullman »

well ok must be an inside joke with eddie hahahheheh the 11 degree i under stand somewhat i used only 7 my self...thx for the reply jon...
may you always have what you want but never want for anything,does that make sence???

w5cul
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by w5cul »

Sorry, that post just came right off the top of my head, a joke aimed at Eddie.

It is a really good question that you have, and honestly the first time I have heard of attempting such. I think harmonization is what you are really looking for as opposed to true resonating; such as finding the resonate frequency of a crystal glass. Getting the 3 freq bands to harmonize based on your voice input. Other than having to manually tweak both frequency and independent freq levels, I know of no automated or even starting point in which to accomplish such as the action itself is subjective to the individuals voice pattern. What settings may cause some harmonization for you, will be much different for me.

I wish you luck in your objective, and sorry I am not able to offer any concrete help in achieving such.

By the way, I own VMSDX# 21.
W5CUL

skullman
VooDoo Audio Crew

resonating freq

Post by skullman »

Very cool yes i guess harmanizing is a good way to put its like 3 singers harmanizing together,if youve ever heard the eagles harmanize you know what i mean,question in my head is do i start at the low freq or high freq and meet somewhere in the middle freq?? i was thinking of doing a clip of my voice thru adobe audition an as i play it back mabye make some adjustments to the 3 lower freqs as it plays so i can hear it change as it plays and the proof of the reosnateing is in the ear in the end, im working on it,hey eddies your neighbor i see hes helped me alot over the years take care im vmsdx # 20 and #26 i have 2 dont ask me why just for fun i guess hahaha thx jon

w5cul
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by w5cul »

Exactly, the Barber Quartet.

Now that is a good thought, record yourself via Adobe, play with the settings in real-time while listening simultaneously till you get the sound you are looking for. Then transcribe those levels & freq adjustments to the rack gear. I think you are on to something there!!! You may need to do some finishing touches on the rack gear settings, but it sure beats starting from scratch just using the rack gear as that would be extremely time consuming.

Yes, you might as well call Eddie my next door neighbor. He is a good man with amazing will power. I couldn't live in Shiner Texas, the home of my favorite beer, without making dailey stops at the brewery for free samples :wink:
W5CUL