Trajectory...

Who is at the sublime pinnacle of Voodoo Excellence...
!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Trajectory...

Post by !KANT »

I have spent a vast portion of my radio time prowling around to SWL. This has allowed me to ENJOY not only the QSO but the sound of the stations themselves. [Whether we want to admit it or not, we all have our "favorites" (other than our own). And some do more than just entertain our ears, they can sometimes INSPIRE us.]

For this reason I'm recognizing particular stations (for THEIR SOUND, no other criteria--this is the focus). Who knows, MAYBE this can be a spawn to a "eSSB Audio of the Week" segment/thread or something. This thread would be open to all forum members who wish to have recognition of an eSSB practitioner we ALL should know of. There no mandatory particulars, except; no need for in-depth explanations for your choice(s) unless you simply choose to.

For the most part, we have all put quite a bit of interest, time, effort and knowledge to get where we are, and to keep "Edging the Envelope".

*Please keep very much in mind; GOOD/GREAT sound is SUBJECTIVE. Perception will vary...moderately or extremely. :wink:

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

My first [immediate] pick to be placed center stage??...Jeff, KB9YSJ.

This is some superbly POWERFUL audio out of Western Chicago, and it doesn't disappoint. If you find an opportunity to hear Jeff on any of the eSSB On-Air Audio "Networks", just listen (as wide as possible) and prepare for an unrelenting treat. Just wicked. :twisted:

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Welcome Prophets & Warriors... This week's pick into the spotlight is...Jim AB2CD!!!

This station may not be distinguished or noted as "wide-band", but it sure has some wonderfully FULL-bodied low end which remains PLEASING, comfortable and nonfatiguing to listen to. Even within the confines of it's 3kHz bandwidth, this is some well BALANCED SSB audio. [Truly a World Worthy listen]… Really niiiiiiice. :twisted:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Howdy !kant,

Nice thread!!!!

We have to second your choice for picking KB9YSJ.
When the band is excellent and he is 30 to 40dB over S-9, His audio is just incredible. He has some haunting lows that are set perfectly with no hint of boomyness, muddiness, or woofyness. It is well balanced with the rest of the spectrum.

Good Pick!

As far as AB2CD, unfortunately we can't hear him well so no opinions can be given.

Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Oh yea. I never tire of listening to KB9YSJ. And you offered the perfect adjective, "HAUNTING"....--it's just wicked.

[I'm gonna go there:...quite possibly the new Poster Child of VooDoo Audio[??] :twisted:

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Aaaaahh suki-suki now!! We haven't forgotten about you lovers of (e)SSB Audio. This week we bring to the spotlight a young man who literally swayed us when we heard him. His sound is reflective of N0PG and the Golden VooDoo Child W5UDX. Deep, Dark, Smooth, Full, Wicked, Resonant low end--did I mention DEEP??? He easily earns a rank amongst the VooDoo Crew. [Photos needed!!] :twisted:

Brent [KD5EZR], awesome sounds dude. Look forward to hearing you on 75M again soon.
Last edited by !KANT on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

"Shh!! Do you hear it?? It's getting closer..." How good can this get?? Well, let's find out shall we...

Over the years this individual has proven that he has the credentials to play audio. Now, we're not just speaking merely about audio processors or transceiver(s)--which CAN make or break you in THIS world of SSB. But in this case we are referring clearly to the "pipes" which adorn his signal.

Yes, low end is present in everyone's voice (just at varying amplitudes). This eSSBer has very pronounced low end, and it's infectious (especially if you love rumble at 70Hz and below). This time around we focus on a regular of the 75M eSSB Audio Networks...Bill, N9VR.

For the FREAKuents in the know, you're well-familiared with Bill's unmistakeable signature vocals. For those who have not, hope for a great band conditions on 75M to catch an earful of N9VR. Keep kickin' it Bill, mah eardrums enjoy the workout!!

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Yes! We would have to agree with you !kant, Bill does have some extraordinary Low Frequency Harmonix in his voice. It is a true pleasure to sit back and listen to those soothing rumblings emanating from up yonder.

We also want to say that this is a very good thread you have started. We stay in anticipation to see who your next pick will be.
Keep it up !KANT!!!
Take Care,
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

And we are here, not yet ready for a moment of infinite rest...

Alrighty you eSSB Audio Junkies it's time for another one of those Audio Spotlight Moments. We attempt from our guise of warranted wisdom to refrain from including those who have already been highly recognized for their contributions to this amazingly refreshingly potent aspect of Ham Radio. But once in a while (under excellent band conditions), there is an accent to their sound which brews them quickly to the surface of furthering attention.

This operator has honed his skill and followed the paths of some Uniques and has earned his keep to be well-distinguished. A facet to the After Hours eSSB Audio Network, his sound undoubtedly has the VooDoo magnetism so many 'gasm deep for. eSSB Audio Junkies, take note of the relentless rumble from the stage for.....DOUBLE-U...FIIIIIVE...ENNNN....VEEEEE...IIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiii!!!!!!!

Undaughtly wicked-smooth audio, dude...nicely done.

CraigN7CAL
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by CraigN7CAL »

Voodoo audio of the week...???

I got to tell you, there are a couple of guys with the Yahoo 5000 that are a surprise to me. Greg, WB0DNZ has one and I got to tell you that the more I listen to these rigs the more I like how well the response is in the 4K realm that they have.

But,, for this week I think it has go go to the Guru hisself wit dat new Voodoo box, the Radius Tube monster. The texture in dat box is awesome. Kind of like the stuff the fill a "Depends" with. Now thats smooth!!!!!!!

Royer Royer
A multi-syllabic individual with a linguistic capability that far surpasses the guttural utterances of normal men

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

You know, I've been saving a special spotlight for some guys, and Guru is one of them. I have yet to hear Greg's '5000, but will keep an ear open for him. As for devices/components, I've been out if the loop--darn life outside of radio. :twisted: