What Equates in Todays Reality

That VOODOO Low End, Should it be allowed on the Airways or Not?
ZEDLR
Audio Head

What Equates in Todays Reality

Post by ZEDLR »

Good day All,

Having read the Forum through and Enjoyed very much all the Posts I'd like to add to the mix.

I'm sure what has happened to John NU9N in the Past when ESSB finally broke through, and came to light in the service, and the arm of the FCC, and that matter that transpired....Has Not gone Unanswered....I was there first hand when John came on the AM Fourm and the wonderful discussion that ensued there, it was a great period of time actually, even though he paid the price...he stood the Line and I commend Him for his Bravery, Knowledge and Taking the Step...well done John...I can't say it enough.......and I'd like to express it here if I may...and to look at his web site...what a Wonderful Amateur...it's great to be in the midst of such Talent...

But, as time went on, it's interesting what had transpired from that point in time, equipment MFG's are Now Addressing Audio....IF DSP...Excellent Technology...and getting better.....all from that single point of time....Awesum..

I'd like to Express a point that..."Too Voodo or Not".... Not an Issue...when looking at it from the perspective of Experimentation and Advancement....and I have found that those that put up such a fuss over this, all of this,.... have lost the light that is Amateur Radio...

Experiment.. Build..Advance... I Never want to lose that That Thought...
BEER...........
KA3ZedLR.

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Truth...

Post by Voodoo Guru »

First off, We must agree with you 100% about John.
He is the one that has furthered this trend more then anyone.
More from putting the facts out on the table for all to see, whether they 'believe' them or not.
All the information was put out there on his fabulous website.
Just the facts...how can you argue with that?
Well there are and will always be Pinheads going to try.
But they are the sheep of the world, scared of change and want everyone to be the same as them.
Ohhh how boring it would be!!
We like the challenge of being different, unique, and one of a kind.
Why shouldn't that reflect in my audio?
But you know, even after all the opposition and bitching...We are hearing some of the ones that were bitching the most sounding a little fuller these days, just a little more Fidelity there old man?
Human Nature is slow to change for the normal sheep....but it seems that they are slowly coming to realize that you don't have to have that "Ice Pick in the Ear" audio all the time.
As it spreads and becomes normal, there will be more and more people that will want it.
This is one good thing that the morse code requirement was removed, all these technicians that are used to FM fidelity will still be able to sound great operating on ssb HF!
We think most of these new guys will gravitate towards ESSB.
And some of those into the realm of VOODOO Audio!!!
We shall see.......
Take Care,
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

ZEDLR
Audio Head

Post by ZEDLR »

Fine Buisness Mike,

As it should be, "Independence" I've been Chastized out of different circles and groups at differing times down through the years for my Fierce Independence, Independence is what built this country...and one day soon hopefully, this country will wake up and display it again, hopefully soon...

I'm a Libertarian...Enough of that, but point made, I like your thinking....

From what i've monitored down through the years as this all advanced, and those that i've worked, I much Admired the attention to Detail that is paid, quality of signal, and the Esprit de Corp.....very well done....

I'm Very glad you brought up the latest RO from the FCC, it's all the rage as i've read...of course i never did understand "The Rage" in the first place, this is an "All Mode" service... and "One" is Not the Defining Factor of the Total...Quality of Operations or the Quality of the OP is still up to the OP, Knowledge is power, Experience is Key, and Desire to Advance all left up to the Individual...each to be judged on his or her own accordance... I Never did understand the "CW" Imagery... That needed to stop 20 years ago.. but finally all has come to pass...and on the other side of the Coin.. the newer modes up and coming "Make Room".... I'm never at a loss for "Shaking of the Head" when people purposely Styme themselves on Mode of operations...

I'm going to be 50 years old here Mike and for the last 20 years I have preaching about how 10 meters should have been opened up to the Techs entirely.. the whole band...should have been handed to them for the "Experience" and training to follow down through HF...for the next step..and no... it never transpired and now all i read and hear is the bitching about How this will turn into a CB'ers Paradise...if this was handled Logically and in true Amateur Fashion, looking at 10 Meter, the band as a whole...all the modes that operate there, by giving that experience to them and allowing the freedom to use it in total.. The Next step to HF would be a Breeze...but it was never given any consideration...
I Dunno....go Figure...just a thought i've kicked around for years OM.

Modulated Waveforms should never be the stumbling block, what has held back so many for so long is finally coming of age...and quite frankly i'm glad...

It's nice to be off for the holiday and have the time to discuss these points with you .. I am much obliged OM...
BEER...........
KA3ZedLR.

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

Damn I'm late on this one.... :oops:

With the flood of "/AG's" hitting HF this would be a grand time to have them truely experience and understand something different. Too bad the "real" audio groups aren't that active because of the band conditions. I know or a fact these new HF'ers are going to inquire about ESSB to some group somewhere and get, "...no you don't want to do that....it's sounds lousy....you should just get a W2IHY box and nothing more....all that rack to sound like a broadcast station with all that BOOM BOOM.....it's no good...not to mention all the RFI you get into your shack....its not worth it...don't waste your time and MONEY on that JUNK!!!"

Most of the AG's I've encountered that has joined the groups I'm involved in are told to get amplifiers--most really believe 100W and a G5RV is gonna cut it on 75M. This is an ample time to build our strength for ESSB with having those new to the low bands getting an ear full and understanding.

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Yes, We hear them out and about.
But if there interested enough in it, then they will eventually Gravitate towards the groups that sound the best.
Along the way they will grow in understanding and knowledge.
Yes, they do need amplifier's.
That is of Prime importance, If you cant be heard, it doesn't matter how good your audio is!
Once they get their ducks in a row, Antenna, Amp and what not, then the Audio can be massaged.
By then if there apatites were whetted by hearing the ESSB Audio, then they will not let a few Nay Sayers stop them from achieving what they want.

Would You?
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm