Human Nature

That VOODOO Low End, Should it be allowed on the Airways or Not?

Should their be a Death Penalty for running VOODOO Audio?

Kill 'em All!
No votes
Live in Peacefull Coexistance.
100%

Total votes: 8

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Human Nature

Post by Voodoo Guru »

It is so hard to go against Human Nature.
What Human Nature, You ask?
The Human Nature to Resist any Change.
The Amateur Radio Community has operated with narrow SSB audio bandwidths from 1.8Kc - 2.9Kc for so long that it thinks that this is the LAW. They are used to hearing a very subdued and rolled off Low End never going lower than about 100cps, with extremely boosted Upper Mids from 600cps - 2.9Kc.
As soon as someone comes on the air with Full Range Audio (especially with Low Frequencies below 100cps), regardless of its bandwidth, it is different from what they are used to hearing.
What are all those Low Frequencies?? It is CHANGE! It is Different!
For most, Human Nature takes over and automatically resists the Change. Its different and therefore must be wrong, this of course reinforces the minds idea that it must be Illegal.
Then comes Human Nature again...gosip.
By word of mouth, this issue gets talked over and over between people and they inturn reinforce each others belief that it is wrong and illegal. The disinformation spreads.
As soon as they hear someone different than what they are used to, it is already imprinted in their minds that this is wrong and Illegal...they start Bitchin, Moanin, and Complainin.
There are of course the few individuals that like what they are hearing. This can go 2 ways.

1) They like what they are hearing and jump into it to get the "Tone", no matter what their padnahs say.
This is actually against common Human Nature. There are those that strive to be different, unique individuals. I like these people! This is a fairly Rare occurance because the natural Human Nature tendency is to be a Sheep, a follower, a conformist.

2) They like what they are hearing, but hide that fact because of what their padnahs would say about them.
Common Human Nature strikes again, Pier Pressure.
These type people are so driven to be accepted by their "Group", that they put aside their views, opinions, likes, and self esteem to match those of their padnahs. They are Sheep. They rather have their "Groups" approval then to make up their own mind.

This is a shame.
We encourage all those would be Audio Heads to get out there and start experimenting. This is a Hobby. It is here for you to have fun.
If you like what you are hearing, feel free to ask questions. There will be some Pinheads out there, and there are, that don't want to un-ass any information. Forget them. There are actually allot of Audio Heads out there that want to promote the Full Range Audio, and will gladly answer all your questions.
There are also allot of websites out there chocker block full of information. So get out there and experiment!
Don't let other people make your mind up for You.
Last edited by Voodoo Guru on Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm

!KANT
Voodoo Audio Crew Moderator

Post by !KANT »

WTF??!!!! I'm the only one to vote since this thread???.....SHAAAAAAAME!!!!

To hell with all those "Anti-Audio" Fux!!! :twisted: :wink:

dg7lan
VooDoo Audio Crew

Post by dg7lan »

holy shit i have my ex 3200 now.. beware.. when you hear me, turn down the volume or i will crack ya damned headphone... i was looking for well balanced audio, now i´m ending up with bassbooming thunder grumbling energy transmission..ohh yea i really thank the lord for givin me that licence

thunderandy
...if in doubt, increase bandwidth

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

Harmonix baby!!!!!! 8) :wink:

!KANT

Post by !KANT »

There should have been an option for "shoot the snot outta the friggin' pinheads and audio THIN- they-know-it-alls".... :evil:

"Voo Doo, runnin from my magik!"

Post by Newbie »

Its FM (Friggin Magik) to those who are in fear of the unknown!

"Voo Doo, runnin from my magik!"

We fluctuate between two extremes in our daily lives-the known and the unknown. The known is our comfort zone, a path where we are contented, and yet confined. When we operate in the known, we anticipate, plan, control, and limit ourselves by creating boundaries.

The unknown, while more vague and daunting, allows us to deeply believe in ourselves and the wonders of life, trusting, living in the moment, so we feel amazingly free.We are the masters of our own destiny, yet actively choosing our own paths can sometimes be intimidating. People have the ability to create positive changes in their lives, yet distorted fear-based perceptions can often lead to stagnation.

"Boo!" :shock:

Voodoo Guru
VooDoo Site Admin

Deep Shit!

Post by Voodoo Guru »

Damn....
Thats some perty Deep Stuff Chris!
I had too read it a few times to let it sink in...

Yer Damn Straight!!
Voodoo Guru
From Deep in the IDD of the Sub-Harmonix Realm